Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Mowing the grass at Sauvies on Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Apr 18, 05 9:25 pm    Mowing the grass at Sauvies on Monday Reply with quote

Thanks to Tom and Colby for letting me bum some rides on their big kites (mine is still on backorder, damnit!) The current was just strong enough to make things happen despite the super light wind.

Anyway stuff is looking better for tomorrow, hope to see the whole Sauvies crew out there! Wave

ECmike

Since 29 Mar 2005
23 Posts
Beaverton, OR

PostMon Apr 18, 05 9:57 pm     Reply with quote

I think that Karl and I are are going to try and make it out for a session tomorrow afternoon. Hope that it turns out good!

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostTue Apr 19, 05 1:45 am     Reply with quote

I'll have my 21, 16, and 13.5 there tomorrow if it's blowin. I can pretty much guarantee you the 13.5. Cool

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostTue Apr 19, 05 2:45 am     Reply with quote

No problem Phil. It's all about the KB brotherhood. We also schooled Phil on Portland Brewing suds and grub locale. mmmm Scottish Pie....

It was still blowing as we left near 8pm.

FYI - Lots of Fishermen up and down the beach now. One guy came over to my vehicle (with his little daughter in tow) and started giving me a hard time before I even had a chance to unload my gear. Evil or Very Mad He didn't really want to hear my side so I let him rant and he moved on.

As I made my way to the beach I walked over and struck up conversation with the one older guy fishing next to the upside down ASI boat. He wasn't real happy about our plans either wondering why we had to come to that beach. I explained about conditions & safety etc and why that beach was also good for us. After we had a chance to explain and I asked about his fishing gear and his methods etc he was ok with us launching just downwind of the boat. In time he was yaking it up with Trevor too and asking us more questions about kiteboarding.

Anyhow...everyone might want to tread lightly for another week and try to allow some space and work together and the fishermen will likely move on because the allowable fishing season will pass. Wink

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Apr 19, 05 7:29 am     Reply with quote

I heard that Fish & Game was going to close down the fishing season soon due to a low salmon run.

In the mean time we will have to play nice in the sandbox.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostTue Apr 19, 05 9:09 am     Reply with quote

THat's correct....Here's the scoop. Fish Managers Meeting today for Spring Chinook Salmon and it looks likely they'll impose restrictions because the extemely low fish count at the dam.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2005/April/008.asp
Isn't there a Rodney King quote we could use here? Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: