Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

nwkite.com: Best Photo 2005 Submissions
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Dec 07, 05 7:16 am     Reply with quote

Holy shizballs!!! So much goodness! Awesome Jim!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Dec 07, 05 9:56 am     Reply with quote

I like that pic at Lyle! Can't beat twin Fuels and the pond... Good ol' 7m westerly days out east. Crying or Very sad

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostWed Dec 07, 05 10:05 am     Reply with quote

Wow! Incredible work Jim...tacksharp is right! Caught your pics of Joe in the magazine this last month - they really stand out and the story wasn't a bad read either. Are you making a living from this yet?

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostWed Dec 07, 05 10:14 am    In a utopian world Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments. I do not make a living off of kiting photography..what a dream that would be..but I did work on contract
a fair amount this summer, and I just can't beat the addiction of kiting photography. I might have to go to photo rehab..lol

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 09, 05 8:34 am     Reply with quote

Hey everybody I think I'll leave it open to submissions straight on through Christmas, then open up the voting after the new year... no hurry I figure. Thumb's Up

Hey TackSharp - last night we were looking at your photos on my friend's new 37 inch 1920x1080 LCD tv/monitor. They still looked spectacular, do you have anything "tacksharp" at that resolution or better you wouldn't mind posting for download? Maybe the first or second one of Joe?

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Dec 09, 05 12:21 pm     Reply with quote

Contest over. Jim's da man.

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Dec 09, 05 2:33 pm    Can't Touch HIM! Reply with quote

Agreed!!!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 09, 05 5:12 pm     Reply with quote

Geez, y'all giving up?

Should all the pro's vote on which one of Jim's they like best then? Wink

It's still going to be a hot amatuer competition...

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostFri Dec 09, 05 10:31 pm    It's a collective Reply with quote

Right on guys...thanks to all for the many kind words. Don't end the competition on a part of me. It's a collective. In my area, having Lance, John and Richard all shooting and creating new images helps raise the bar. The energy and photo opportunities grow with that - without everyone, no one would be getting good shots. Many thanks and props to each shooter and rider that goes for it!
On a secondary note, I'm posting this pic of Teiva Joyeux who just lost his brother in Hawaii. If any of you follow the surfing world, his younger brother died at the end of last week surfing a wave that was well within his ability, but he got on the wrong side of it and didn't make it out. He was an amazing tow surfer and a bright talent. Teiva is an amazing kiter. This session is one of my all time favorites. Sunset and a rare look from inside the channel looking back at kite beach. Don't take any moment for granted and be safe on the water...oh..and don't get too much Kodak courage if there is a camera around. . .

Teiva Joyeux nails a Tantrum inside the channel. Hood River.
 Teiva Joyeux nails a Tantrum inside the channel. Hood River.  Tevaaction5-copy.jpg 

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat Dec 10, 05 9:12 pm     Reply with quote

Not really, from the depth of the blue sky and the way the clouds are trailing, you can definately tell it was taken somewhere in the Pacific Northwest... j/k Wink

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostSat Dec 10, 05 9:48 pm     Reply with quote

found a few more hidden in my computer

Photo by Wally Parr
 Photo by Wally Parr  lyle.jpg 
Photo by Wally Parr
 Photo by Wally Parr  lyle2.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostSun Dec 11, 05 8:07 pm     Reply with quote

Jim,

It was guys like you, Ethan, Lance, and Richard that inspired me to take the photo thing a bit more seriously this summer. Although I had not met you personally until sometime last May, your images were already well ingrained. Looking forward to learning more from all you guys as my photography improves.

I want to also thank Phil for putting up a great forum that has allowed all our images to find a larger audience. Its great to see some of my images being posted by others in this thread, and I would like to finally post one of mine as well.

Enjoy guys.... Jon "Bam Bam" Malmberg

pic.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Dec 11, 05 8:46 pm     Reply with quote

That's a sweet one bammer... thanks for contributing so much this year!

This thread has gotten a lot of attention from all over the world, and I mean literally. I have been looking at the server logs and we are getting hit from not only all over the U.S., but Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand... its nuts! Combination of stellar riding, natural beauty, and brilliant photography is giving the pacific northwest the worldwide respect it deserves.

Anyway I was thinking of splitting the contest into 4 categories overall. In addition to PRO and AMATUER categories, I'd like to split those two categories into "Landscape" and "Action."

Shots like Bammer's last really show off the landscape of the Gorge which I love, then there are others that are closeups which show kiters tearing it up which I also love to see. In the interest of comparing apples to apples, lets split the two and vote on them separately.

Is this getting too complicated? let me know...

Is it spring yet?

bamboo

Since 24 Jun 2005
165 Posts
da 'chung; taiwan
Stoked

PostMon Dec 12, 05 1:59 pm     Reply with quote

love this thread. nothing better to get the stoke on than a few great images from the season past. here's some that i was able to dig up more of the scene and less of the riding...

scene
 scene  entrance to spit 2.jpg 
rider: unkown, location: spit
 rider: unkown, location: spit  hr boing 2.jpg 
where's the wind?
 where's the wind?  g law multi tasking 2.jpg 

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Dec 12, 05 2:31 pm     Reply with quote

I took this one to capture the essense of the coastal rider. Up at the crack of noon; rusted out panel van. Only the empty 40's of Olympia and the home-made PVC "saftey pays in so many ways" kong-bong are missing from the shot.

Enjoy!

Coastal_Yoaches.jpg 

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Dec 12, 05 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

DQ'ed - these were pre-2005
Last edited by Wind Slither on Fri Dec 16, 05 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Dec 12, 05 9:27 pm     Reply with quote

Your kid's gonna be kicking Aaron Hadlow's and Ruben Len10's asses if he starts now! That's aweome! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: