Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

SecreT E WinD spot Revieled! - Better'n Hatteras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
BrDRdR

PostSun Nov 20, 05 12:31 pm    SecreT E WinD spot Revieled! - Better'n Hatteras Reply with quote

For all you hard core riders out there (I figure ridin in mid Nov. is pretty hard core) - I'll reviel my secret E wind spot. You may have seen me out there -and many of you have passed me on your downwinders from D-point to RR. Secret E spot is east of RR lauch proper @ 2-3 miles. Water depth is knee to waist deep for a mile or more out, and remains shallow all the way to RR (2 or so miles downwind). Bottom is all sand - an there is very little or no current d/t water depth. Wind seems a little less than RR proper, and can be very consistent. Launch can be a little tricky, like D- point - but it is a sandy/grassy/rocky point depending on water depth and launch in knee deep water. It makes a nice mini downwinder to RR, and I have even hiked back up to launch. I lived in coastal NC - and this can be BETTER than Hatteras ( no deep holes/ crowds/ jellyfish). Mid -way out (1/2 mile) is a very shallow spot for resting when ridin hard. To get there = Take the exit after RR - follow the off ramp to the right and park in the field just off to the right ( plenty of parking for even 10- 15 cars). It is a fairly short hike to the water. Take sidewalk over bridge and take the path right down to the water. No RR trax or crossing 84 required. Hope to see you there and up on the mountain -Chris

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Nov 20, 05 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be checkin' this place out too! Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Nov 20, 05 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

Sweet thanks for the inside info Chris! we'll have to check it out next time RR isn't gusting to 60. Thumb's Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: