Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Not S0-Screat spots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
player

PostSat Apr 16, 05 6:06 pm    Not S0-Screat spots Reply with quote

west to east

1. Beacon Rock. Works when Stevenson is 12m +

2. Lyle. Not really a secret but a great solution when there's a Northerly cant to the wind.

3. Kiter-X. Between the Dalles & Raw-weener. Parking is sketch ball, it's a fishing pull off 80 with room for 5-6 cars. Beware, there have been numerous smash & dash break ins to the vehicles that park there. Not so secret if you eyes works as kites can be seen from 80.

4. Dalles River Front Park. Another excellent Northerly solution. Again, not secret at all if your eyes work as kites can be seen from 80.

5. Silos. ~ 1 mile west of the Maryhill bridge. An alternative when it’s North at Rufus

5. John Day slick. Drive to Rufus, turn right instead of turning left to Rufus.

6. Mercury Cove. Launch is on the Washington side. The Launch is approximately half way between the dam & Roosevelt. Excellent solution for a northerly cant at Rufus

Come on people, spread the luv!

Who else knows of a 'secret spot'?

Mr. Green

PostSun Apr 17, 05 7:45 am     Reply with quote

.5 West side of the Bonneville Dam. Super flat water, Big kite lifty wind.
Stevenson should be going 12m. Access is on the Oregon side.

PostSun Apr 17, 05 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Kalama.
Blows well like Sauvies when the gorges melts down and turns to water ski heaven. ~5 mile friendly down winder, Kalama road to Dike access road (Woodland)

Pro’s It’s quicker to get to than Sauvies with the same wind
Con’s Kalama road does see a far amount of fisherman when the season are open

PostSun Apr 17, 05 10:14 am     Reply with quote

There are two launch sites at kalama...the main one for when there are not 25 fisherman lining the bank and

#2 an alternative launch downwind by the huge pile of sand, there is a much smaller beach there and a slight wind shadow but when you show up there and the beach and water is loaded with boats and fisherman, just downwind can have room and the water conditinos are pretty much the same.

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Apr 18, 05 2:16 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
.5 West side of the Bonneville Dam. Super flat water, Big kite lifty wind.
Stevenson should be going 12m. Access is on the Oregon side.

how would you get to this one from 84? i thought this would have to be from the washington side. i know guys that go to the dam but, never could figure out the turn off myself.

here's mine: rosewood park. about 5 miles west of beacon rock. stevenson has to be in the 10m range for this one to work though. access from washington side.

kt

PostMon Apr 18, 05 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

go 23.8 miles west of stevenson theres a huge wave..........bring small kites

PostTue Apr 19, 05 9:02 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

how would you get to this one from 84? i thought this would have to be from the washington side. i know guys that go to the dam but, never could figure out the turn off myself.
kt

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.632843,-121.947768&spn=0.018127,0.033657&hl=en

enjoy!

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue Apr 19, 05 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.632843,-121.947768&spn=0.018127,0.033657&hl=en

enjoy!

i will, thanks very much for the link.

kt

PostFri Apr 22, 05 4:24 pm     Reply with quote

Vancouver Lake- all summer there is a great thermal wind that develops in the afternoon. 15M kites till sun goes down.
see ya there

PostFri Apr 22, 05 9:28 pm     Reply with quote

I KNOW WHERE THE BEST SPOT IN THE NW IS........................................................ITS SOMEWHERE ON THE COAST OF SOUTHERN OREGON..........................HUGE SURF AND THERMAL ASSISTS ALMOST YEAR ROUND Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: