Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Normal wind for the Southern Oregon Coast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Oct 25, 05 10:41 pm    Normal wind for the Southern Oregon Coast? Reply with quote

Is this normal for this time of year down south? Just caught my eye because it's the highest I've ever seen on iKitesurf.com for Oregon. Pretty sure I'd be lit on the B3!

Cape_Blanco_Oct25.gif 

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostWed Oct 26, 05 6:19 am     Reply with quote

South wind storm - typical at Cape Blanco during fall and winter. Didn't blow as hard here in Newport, but was gusting over 30 on the ocean.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Oct 26, 05 1:35 pm     Reply with quote

Oh I see. I was watching Newport yesterday too, and I wanted to shoot over there, but frickin' class prevented me from doing so... Maybe Saturday if the weather looks decent and we're not at the game!

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostWed Oct 26, 05 4:43 pm     Reply with quote

Good luck - south winds are always so dicey here, and usually they're accompanied by rain. The ocean is usually non-approachable unless you play chicken inside the whitewater. Every once in a while there's a rare day where the swell isn't too gnarly. Best bet is to hit Siletz Bay on an incoming tide - best south wind spot in Lincoln County for kiting.

See you out there!

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: