Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Coast this weekend (October 22-23)..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Oct 20, 05 7:07 pm    Coast this weekend (October 22-23)..? Reply with quote

Anyone think there will be any wind around Newport and Lincoln City this weekend? The only reason I ask is because iKitesurf has been off the last couple days with respect to what they'd said even an hour earlier in their 7-day meteogram. Yesterday was solid at Newport, today, nothing. Midterms are done with for at least a couple weeks. Need to go kiting!

importracer999

PostThu Oct 20, 05 10:21 pm     Reply with quote

I hear its spoce to be epic out here at ho'okipa. offshore winds, 10 meter lines, surfboard.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 21, 05 4:08 am    Re: Coast this weekend (October 22-23)..? Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
iKitesurf has been off the last couple days with respect to what they'd said even an hour earlier in their 7-day meteogram.

Hey Kataku2k3.3.4.2.2., Be advised that iKitesurf has stopped meteorologist review of the computer model forecasts for the season. The computers have a difficult time getting it right with out a little cranial assistance and even then its still hit & miss...

Try NOAA for the winter Arrow http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/

Check out that COASTAL WATERS SWELL forecast... Shocked

.SAT...S WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 12 SECONDS...BUILDING TO 16 FT AT 15 SECONDS BY LATE AFTERNOON. PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. LIGHT RAIN INCREASING IN AFTERNOON. .SAT NIGHT...NW WIND 10 KT...VEERING TO N AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 17 FT...BUILDING TO 20 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .SUN...SW WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 20 FT. .SUN NIGHT...S WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 16 FT.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Oct 21, 05 8:47 am    Re: Coast this weekend (October 22-23)..? Reply with quote

.SAT...S WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 12 SECONDS...BUILDING TO 16 FT AT 15 SECONDS BY LATE AFTERNOON. PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. LIGHT RAIN INCREASING IN AFTERNOON. .SAT NIGHT...NW WIND 10 KT...VEERING TO N AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 17 FT...BUILDING TO 20 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .SUN...SW WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 20 FT. .SUN NIGHT...S WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 16 FT.[/quote]

Wow Shocked

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Oct 21, 05 9:37 am     Reply with quote

Cool thanks, I didn't know that. And yea, wow that swell is crazy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: