Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Red Bull: King of the Air
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Oct 12, 05 12:15 pm    Red Bull: King of the Air Reply with quote

Coverage here:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2320830&highlight=

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Oct 12, 05 3:17 pm     Reply with quote

More pics:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/292964

Man looking at these photos... makes me think "Wouldn't mind being in Maui right now." Confused

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Oct 12, 05 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

where's bri???

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Oct 12, 05 4:12 pm     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:

Man looking at these photos... makes me think "Wouldn't mind being in Maui right now." Confused

I'll be there for the finals on Friday!

Bri is in Florida wakeskating.

tch

Since 08 Aug 2005
17 Posts

PostWed Oct 12, 05 9:48 pm     Reply with quote

This is where Real Dick needs to be. The sponsorship money would be flowing for him

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Oct 13, 05 9:45 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

Bri is in Florida wakeskating.

So why did she decide to skip the KOA???????????????????

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostThu Oct 13, 05 9:56 am     Reply with quote

Didn't you guys hear? Wakeskating is where it's at. Why do kiteloop handlepasses when you can do shuv-its and kickflips. Yeah, your shoes have that sloshy feeling afterwards but it is way safer than skateboarding.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 14, 05 9:03 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah but the main thing bri sees in the wakeskating career is about 200 grand a year, oh yeah, and a free boat is always nice. Watch for her shes gonna be only the 2nd girl on the pro tour!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
windejaculation

Since 08 Jul 2005
4 Posts
Goldendale
Kook

PostSat Oct 15, 05 11:30 am     Reply with quote

Bri is cool. I wish her luck with wakeskating or whatever she does.

good call bro.

Last edited by windejaculation on Sat Oct 15, 05 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Oct 15, 05 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

Being bris friend i dont think im gonna just let you sit there and talk shit.

OK so her website is a little funny, but she is a good kiter, and has a lot of fun wakeskating...how do i know this? well i have wakeskated with her many a time, also she isnt even sponsored by redbull, so you can quite being a DICK and lay off the shit. Another thing, she didnt quit kiteing she just doesnt want to do competitions, and i dont blame her comps are for danglers especially the king of the air. Why arent you there competing if you have so much to say about it? Where are your sponsors?

Let Bri do her thing, why does it matter so much to you what she does?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 17, 05 11:01 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Another thing, she didnt quit kiteing she just doesnt want to do competitions, and i dont blame her comps are for danglers especially the king of the air.

Whatever!!!

Sounds like she's frustrated over not being able to beat Simsar & other top females on a regular basis (I believe she has beat her once).

IMHO It's sad to see and it speaks volumes to her professionalism to walk away fromt the game when she’s consistently 2nd & 3rd instead of instead focusing inward on her game, sacking up and putting the pieces in place to consistently come up number 1.

Personally, I think her heads up her arse for not competing in the KOA.

Bring on the flames!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 17, 05 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

and i don’t blame her comps are for danglers especially the king of the air.

I see your heads up you arse as well, that or there a lot of truth to your screen name, you're inept!

> especailly the king of the air.. Shocked

Yes and I see the judges didn't disappoint you by crowing Ruben Lenton and his 30 + ft handle pass kite loops, hardly a dangler move, the crow & new King! Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostMon Oct 17, 05 1:35 pm    Comps Reply with quote

Why so angry? Sounds like JP needs to kite a bit more. It is true that the KOA is outdated and usually puts Red Bull athletes on the podium. Comps are there if you want, but most people getting paid to kite have seen they don't get much coverage and that it's better to make video's or do travel stories. Kiting is whatever you make it, and it should always be fun.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 17, 05 2:29 pm    Re: Comps Reply with quote

Scriffler wrote:
Why so angry? Sounds like JP needs to kite a bit more. It is true that the KOA is outdated and usually puts Red Bull athletes on the podium. Comps are there if you want, but most people getting paid to kite have seen they don't get much coverage and that it's better to make video's or do travel stories. Kiting is whatever you make it, and it should always be fun.

Sorry to disappoint but it's the windy season in Seattle & I'm been out 4 days this last week and I'll be hitting the sound after work

Swing and miss, strike one...

Not angry just tied of clueless people making excuses for others...

Swing and a miss, strike two...

btw, it'll be interesting to see who and how quickly KOA gets snapped up by another sponsor... outdate, yes, I suppose by your definition a kite competition at Hookipa is "out dated" Whatever!!!

Swing and miss, strike three, please return to the dug out and sit down...

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Oct 17, 05 2:29 pm     Reply with quote

I don’t think that the reason Ruben Lenten is king of the air has anything to do with his riding for redbull. He is a sick rider.

Sure kiting is all about fun but when your making a living from it competitions are part of the job. Having an athlete at the top of the podium means he/she is pushing the sport. If Bri doesn’t want to compete that’s fine but I don’t think that she is entitled to a shitload of magazine articles and videos unless she really is committed to pushing the envelope.
Really i dont think any of this matters that much, i just want to go out kitng and have a good time.

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostMon Oct 17, 05 4:10 pm    Brie the cheese Reply with quote

In order to understand Bri's motivation for rebuffing, snubbing, spurning, shunning, and avoiding competition, one must understand the cheese from which she is likely named:

Brie is a soft cow's milk cheese named after Brie, the French province in which it originated (roughly corresponding to the modern département of Seine-et-Marne). It is pale in color with a slight grayish tinge under crusty white mold; very soft and savory with a hint of ammonia (the white moldy rind is tasteless).

There are now many varieties of Brie made all over the world, including plain Brie, herbed varieties, and versions of Brie made with other types of milk. Brie is perhaps the most well-known French cheese, and is popular throughout the world. Despite the variety of Bries, the French government officially certifies only two types of Brie to be sold under that name: Brie de Meaux and Brie de Melun.

The Brie de Meaux, manufactured outside of Paris since the 8th century, was originally known as the "King's Cheese" (later, following the French Revolution, the "King of Cheeses") and was enjoyed by the peasantry and nobility alike. It was granted the protection of AOC (Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée) status in 1980, and is produced primarily in the western part of the Paris basin.

Brie may be produced from whole or semi-skimmed milk. The curd is obtained by adding rennet to raw milk and heating it to a maximum temperature of 37°C. The cheese is then cast into molds, sometimes with a traditional perforated ladle called a "pelle à brie". The 20 cm mold is filled with several thin layers of cheese and drained for approximately 18 hours. The cheese is then taken out of the molds, salted, inoculated with cheese mold (generally Penicillium candidum) and aged in a cellar for at least four weeks. In short, Bri's a whiny little girl.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 17, 05 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

J.P. You obviously dont know shit...

1. Dont talk shit about bri always getting 2nd, she still has better style than any other women riders and that is the only thing that matters anyways, competitions are lame, and are judged lame.

2. Who are you to talk shit J.P. why arent you at the KOA showing off your really cool new board off moves to everyone? Obviously those are the kind of "GNARLY MOVES" the judges were looking for.

3. Ruben is sick, and he is a very good competition rider, but in my opinion i still do not believe that competitions should be judged on how high someone does a trick, style is the most important thing that kiteing is lacking right now and should be what comps are judged on. Bindings are the future not that past and until riders who ride bindings get a fair chance in comps I dont feel like comps are a true representation of the sport.

4. A handle pass kiteloop is a dangler trick, but a kiteloop handle pass is not so get your shit straight, and i dont give a shit if you meant kiteloop handle pass.

5. I dont know if you know jack shit about any other board sports but snowboaring for example the money is in making videos. Competitions dont show a riders true skill. Anyone can be good on a given day, but to make a strong video part through a whole year of riding really shows what "pushing the envelope" is.

6. Oh yeah and KOA is outdated, anyone can JUMP BIG BRA, KOA never took anything into consideration, like sliders and wakestyle, and I dont know if you have looked at any mags lately, well obvioulsy you havent, because if you would have you would have seen cover shots of wakestyle tricks and pull out posters of people with bindings hittin sliders.

So stop bulllshitting like you know anything when obviously, you dont.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: