Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Red Bull: King of the Air
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 17, 05 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
J.P. You obviously dont know shit...

1. Dont talk shit about bri always getting 2nd, she still has better style than any other women riders and that is the only thing that matters anyways, competitions are lame, and are judged lame.

Correct by MOST regards one of the top females in the usa.... and doesn't compete anymore?!? that's lame in my book

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 17, 05 7:43 pm    Re: Brie the cheese Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:
In short, Bri's a whiny little girl.

TBR, that's some funny shit & thanks for the lesson on Brie. A+ for content, readability & grammar Thumb's Up
Inept_Fun wrote:
in my opinion i still do not believe that competitions should be judged on how high someone does a trick, style is the most important thing that kiteing is lacking right now and should be what comps are judged on. Bindings are the future not that past and until riders who ride bindings get a fair chance in comps I dont feel like comps are a true representation of the sport…

Inept, go take your Ritalin & chill down. You obviously don’t realize how narrow minded you come across. Kiteboarding is an ever evolving sport and should encompass all aspects of jumping and tricks, not just low trajectory unhooked wake moves with white bindings & a basketball jersey... Wink ~D

PS Not so sure the bindings are the future?? Check your video archives bro. You’re actually second generation… The early Maui boys (i.e. Fleury, Leboe, Grafmye, Gilbert, Issa, Webb, Demester, Abreu, Stone & Best sporting long hair, etc.) were mostly riding wake style boards w/ bindings. That fad is over. Only guy I still see on bindings once in a while is Grafmye & Abreu still holds strong to wake skate...

Not saying it won’t come back, I just see kiteboarding’s infancy similar to snowboarding when it started. Big Air is what gets ratings, sponsors & attracts the general public to the sport. I agree that style is very important in all aspects of the sport. Good luck with your mission to revive wake style. Thumb's Up

PPS Perhaps Bri has a master plan to practice wake skate all winter behind the boat & come out killing Kite Wake Skate in the spring. Only time will tell. As with Brie, Bri may get better with age…

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Oct 18, 05 7:46 am    just let Bri be Brie Reply with quote

I don't care what any of you say, Brie's a talented singer, whether it's a break up power ballad, or an anthem to all of us who despised gym class;

What would you get if you crossed Pink with Edie Brickell? If its pop music's hottest new artist Brie Larson then you're right! Singing her own songs for as long as she can remember, Brie started her professional career at age 7 and picked up her first guitar at age 12 on the set of her first television show -- where she scored free lessons from a series regular and also learned that you don't buy a guitar just because it's pretty.

Growing up on California film sets, Brie realized at an early age that she wanted to be a performer. Having the opportunity to star in Disney Channel's most watched original movie "Right on Track," the WB's "Raising Dad," and MGM's feature film, "Sleepover," Brie learned that she was heading in the right direction. But her pursuit of a musical career was really infused by her love for musical theater and was further cultivated by collecting vintage vinyl and attending massive amounts of rock concerts! With every live performance she consumed, she would go home late and scribble down lyrics to join a melody the following morning.

Larson's infectious debut Finally Out Of PE is based on her personal experiences and her prolific lyrics are written well beyond her 15 years. Whether it's the break up power ballad, as documented in the song "Go", or the self-doubtful, "Ugly", a lyrically haunting song about insecurities; there is a story for everyone. Brie also shows a feisty, whimsical side in "She Shall Remain Nameless," a power pop anthem about a competitive girl, "Loser in Me," a homage to the slacker in everyone, as well as the title track, "Finally Out of PE," the anthem to all of those who despised gym class.

Update: Brie song featured on Barbie dvd
Brie's "Hope Has Wings" is the beautiful end credit track in the movie "Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus." A music video featuring Brie Larson performing the song appears as a bonus feature on the movie's DVD, in-stores now.

"Hope Has Wings"

When I stuck on the ground,
Theres a walk only down,
Every step sends falling,
Now to how to begian,
How do eyes like the winds,
So soon I be soaring,
I just feel and let myself believe,

Cuz hope has wings,
To carry you,
Anything is possible,
Just might be,
A miracle,
Waiting to come true,

So I hid my eyes,
And see the sky,
Will my heart begain to fly,
I will be carried by my dreams,
Cus hope has wings.

B0009MAP8G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpeg 

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 18, 05 8:42 am    Re: just let Bri be Brie Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:
pop music's hottest new artist Brie Larson

Somebody’s got a crush... Embarassed

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 18, 05 9:27 pm     Reply with quote

If you think bindings are second generation than you obviously havent seen this http://www.aclproductions.com/videos/autofocus/AF_Trailer_small.mov or checked out this www.kitescoop.com forum

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 19, 05 5:38 am     Reply with quote

Looks like Elliot is putting together another great video. I really like his approach to the capturing the sport while allowing the riders to dictate the flow.
Arrow http://www.aclproductions.com/autofocus.htm

Who knows where the sport will go?? It wasn’t too long ago that snowboarders were the minority...

Thanks for the info... ~D

importracer999

PostWed Oct 19, 05 9:48 am     Reply with quote

J.P. wrote:
Quote:

Bri is in Florida wakeskating.

So why did she decide to skip the KOA???????????????????

here is why...

Bri uploaded her wakeskate vid.

Just started 3 months ago..

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=17421

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Oct 19, 05 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

here is why...

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=17421

WOW, that's WAY cooler than 10-15 foot faces & 25 knots at Hookipa....

NOT!

Cool

importracer999

PostWed Oct 19, 05 2:26 pm     Reply with quote

its ho'okipa

i think he like fight atom...

atleast we know he might be in the northwest.

call the boys, load the glocks.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Oct 19, 05 2:59 pm     Reply with quote

Fuckin' mahu! Surprised

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Oct 19, 05 4:16 pm     Reply with quote

[quote="importracer999"]
J.P. wrote:
Quote:

Bri is in Florida wakeskating.

here is why...

................................................................................

Hmmmm not so exciting Rolling Eyes

importracer999

PostWed Oct 19, 05 4:57 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
Fuckin' mahu! Surprised

MAHU MAHU MAHU

railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostWed Oct 26, 05 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

I guess you just needed to be there, Inept. This competition was certainly NOT lame. I 4 1 would much rather see big air and kiteloops than wakestuff any day!... Ethan

In the trenches...
 In the trenches...  koad2001_RJ.jpg 
smackin lips
 smackin lips  koad2002_RJ.jpg 

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostTue Nov 01, 05 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

damn those waves are gnarly looking, cool pics ethan

do you have any more you can post?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Nov 01, 05 6:07 pm     Reply with quote

These days I am more interested in the wakestyle stuff just because of the challenge and variety, but it seems to me that big air and big waves go together like apple pie and ice cream.

For example...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: