Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

sunset sesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostThu Sep 29, 05 7:27 am    sunset sesh Reply with quote

Last night we rode great north wind until the sunset. A great 3.5 hour 15 meter sesh. I did not want to stop because the north wind will not be visiting for a bit. It was like trying to say goood bye to an old friend. The waves were tiny though, but thats ok because the 15s don't turn fast enough to get whippin' down the line( at least not for multiple turns). Heres to a great season, and hopefully a great snow and/or south wind season. Man my feet were freezin' ,it must be time to dig out the booties. Any other coasties been see'n a lot more wild life lately?? I saw lots of dolphin looking things last night , not to mention lots of bird feasting on some left overs from the landlords lunch(maybe) or something. Don't ride through the bird eating in packs out to sea. Shocked hope you all have a great winter ,where ever you adventures take you. The last three weeks of sunset sessions really makes me feel lucky to have such a great sport to play in such a wonderful place, I guess I had better get to work ,later.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Sep 29, 05 7:44 am    Re: sunset sesh Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
It was like trying to say goood bye to an old friend.
Don't ride through the bird eating in packs out to sea. Shocked

Say hello to an old friend today. "The north coast should be southerly in the 18-24 range most of the day." Goofy footer's cream dream!
29 Sep 8:20 am S 26
29 Sep 8:05 am S 25
29 Sep 7:50 am S 24
29 Sep 7:35 am S 25
29 Sep 7:20 am S 26
29 Sep 6:50 am S 24
29 Sep 6:35 am S 24
29 Sep 6:20 am S 24
29 Sep 6:05 am S 23
29 Sep 5:50 am S 22
29 Sep 5:35 am S 22

Agree on the bird patch comment. It was right in the middle of a huge bird patch that I saw a humpback breach like 5 times. I think I saw a big sea lion in the mix also. On the other hand, getting pulted by a whale could be pretty cool. I guess you'd have to time sending the kite just right.

scottnorby

Since 23 Sep 2005
538 Posts
Cascadia - Seattle - Encinitas
Addicted

PostThu Sep 29, 05 12:59 pm     Reply with quote

The season isn't over yet buddy.
NW winds are predicted for Friday and maybe Saturday.
Keep watch at NWWEATHER.COM
SW winds will blow all winter.
It is blowing 30 from the SW today...lightly sprinkling but rideable for sure. If I were not working I would be on it.
The birds you saw were probably not eating leftovers from a shark's dinner.....they were more than likely eating their lunch on a school of anchovies.
We have had a larger than average number of anchovies in the water this year. In fact, one day I rode for about 20 yards over a solid black section of water that turned out to be a giant school of them. As I stomped on the tail to turn they all switched direction underneath me and the water changed instantly from black to silver....... What an amazing place we live in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: