Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wind at Newport Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostSun Sep 25, 05 7:51 pm    Wind at Newport Today Reply with quote

Newport Jetty wind today:

6:00 pm NNW 25 28

5:00 pm NNW 26 30

4:00 pm NNW 22 26

3:00 pm NNW 18 20

2:00 pm NNW 19 21

Had three sessions - Beverly Beach on a 13, but too light in the surf. S. Beach on a 13 at 3:00, then the wind quickly ramped up to super powered 9. Held on for an hour-and-a-half or so before giving in.

Any other coastal locations going off?

Steve

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Sep 25, 05 8:05 pm     Reply with quote

Manzo was nukin... lit 7m for me. Total surprise, I started by trying to go out on my 11m thinking "there is no way it can be that windy" and damn I came back 20 minutes later overpowered. Switched to the 7 and had a blast.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSun Sep 25, 05 8:23 pm     Reply with quote

in florence I was being pulled off the water on my seven while cruizen along. I have held her down to gusts to about 40,The sensors in florence are not even close to accurate. Today some 225+ pounders were too lit on the seven meters. Great day with great waves , until about 6 when it got unmanagable. Shocked

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Sep 25, 05 9:53 pm     Reply with quote

Lincoln City seemed like it was going off today too, but I didn't get to shoot over to the coast. Too busy getting damn school stuff done. Blah!

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostSun Sep 25, 05 11:59 pm     Reply with quote

registered wrote:
in florence I was being pulled off the water on my seven while cruizen along. I have held her down to gusts to about 40,The sensors in florence are not even close to accurate. Today some 225+ pounders were too lit on the seven meters. Great day with great waves , until about 6 when it got unmanagable. Shocked

Phil and I were totally lit at Manzo. Too bad the sensor is still down. Woulda like to have a solid reading. This was the first day I've rigged my bow totally depowered and I'm glad I did. I know it woulda been too much for my 9M best. 8 foot swell on the outside too! Cool

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Sep 26, 05 5:12 pm     Reply with quote

did anyone try astoria-sunset? or was the wind limited to manzanita and south?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: