Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone kite around Ocean City, Maryland? or Wash. DC Area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostFri Sep 23, 05 10:11 am    Anyone kite around Ocean City, Maryland? or Wash. DC Area? Reply with quote

I will be traveling to Maryland (DC area) next week and want to kite somewhere? Any suggestions? Thanks

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostFri Sep 23, 05 10:59 am     Reply with quote

This is what a google search found...
http://www.worldwindsurf.com/cgi-shl/02-list.pl?,All,Mid%20Atlantic%20USA%20,,,Windsurfing%20Equipment%20Sales%20and%20Rental

There doesn't seem to be much else... have fun and let me know how it goes. I travel to DC from time to time.

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostSun Sep 25, 05 8:46 am     Reply with quote

i lived in DC fall throught spring last year. if you are lucky it will be NE (this is the right time of year) and you can go to a spot called flag ponds, wich is SICK, but rare. flag ponds is probably the best spot i have ever ridden! most of the time the wind will be nw or n wich lets you ride a spot called terrapin. it can be great but its nothing compared to what we are used to here. all the local kiteboarders are on
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/M-A-K-A/
also in the files section there is a write up of all the spots[/url]

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Sep 26, 05 8:25 am     Reply with quote

hey trevorsmith,

try contadting www.eastofmaui.com. i used to run the dewey beach store. they can direct you to the best spots for whatever wind direction it happens to be blowing that day.

kt

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostThu Oct 06, 05 7:04 am     Reply with quote

I joined the forum MAKA, great bunch of guys. I actually ran into two of them when I headed down to OBX, Cape Hatteras.

FYI--

Cape Hatteras is such a great place. 50 miles x 5 miles of knee to wasit deep water butter smooth. Endless places to ride bayside. Or go Ocean side which can also be butter smooth too. It is the best place I have been so far. Super smooth wind, warm H20 and Air temp. I thought it would be all crowded with kiters, I think I saw about 15 the whole time, sharing 50 + miles of beach. Great, Great place for learning due if something goes wrong..standup - walk back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: