Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Coastal POO warning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Sep 22, 05 12:18 pm    Coastal POO warning. Reply with quote

Bad news...
Poo warning at Cannon Beach and Short sands (Oswald west state park). Stay out of the water. Shocked

Sounds like the mighty Poollamette!

another guest

Since 13 Jul 2005
13 Posts

PostThu Sep 22, 05 6:32 pm     Reply with quote

check this out. www.ratemypoo.com

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostThu Sep 22, 05 9:37 pm     Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're drinking the water. I've also noticed that the testing sites are often next to beaches where gulls like to roost (rest?) and the beaches between Waldport and Newport, particularly Ona Beach and Lost Creek have had thousands of gulls the last few days, which is one of the likely causes, especially when heavy runoff isn't a factor. Sure its not a good idea to sit right there in the shallows and ingest the water, but that's not what we do, right?

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: