Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2005 Columbia Gorge Summer Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Apr 06, 05 4:20 pm    2005 Columbia Gorge Summer Games Reply with quote

Same games longer title? Check it out...

Quote:
Games move ahead
I would like to offer a special thanks to everyone who has contacted me regarding the Columbia Gorge Summer Games. There is no doubt that this year these games will celebrate their first year of operation. The event will occur on July 9 to July 17. This date will change only if it conflicts with other national sporting events.

I have initiated the rental of office space in White Salmon and Hood River to house operations annually in each city. I will also be looking for office space in Stevenson and The Dalles. I have now heard from enough people to know that this festival should include sail boats in Stevenson as well as bull riding in The Dalles. With so many of you (more than 20 yesterday) calling and offering everything from logistics to marketing, branding, sales, and volunteer work at each event I absolutely guarantee that this is the kickoff year for the Columbia Gorge Summer Games.

I look forward to this being an event we can all look forward to each year. This event should be shared as a Gorge event and include nearby municipalities. This will spread out the traffic as the event grows over the years and let everyone in the Gorge participate in the festivities.

I’m sure that you all want to know a little more about who I am, so I invite everyone to the Creamery in White Salmon at noon this Saturday, March 26. I will answer all questions and we will map out the best way to make this event happen this year and forever. With so many of you calling the best way to reach me is john@pcsafe.com. This will soon change to john@gorgesummergames.com when GorgeSummerGames.com goes live this week.

A note about yesterday’s article: I offered Peg $100,000 for Gorge Games last year and she countered with $1 million, to which I left her office and never spoke to her again. I just want to be clear that I did not offer $1 million and she never refused such an amount as was reported.

John Gotts
White Salmon

http://www.hoodrivernews.com/Lifestyle%20stories/024%20letters.htm

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Apr 07, 05 6:15 am    Volunteer to work the Gorge Games Kite Events Reply with quote

Nice find PKH! Have a sweet trip to FL... Mr. Green

Hey NW Kiters, let’s all volunteer to work the kite events so they can hold them. What say yah?

As Wind Slither would so eloquently say, “let’s put some serious STINK ON THIS ONE!!”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: