Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Huge Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostFri Sep 16, 05 10:36 pm    Huge Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the support guys. I was only able to get 4 hours at Floras Lake. I got some lessons from Will. The wind was really really ghetto. fog messed it up. But I was able to use his Machine 20.5...it is a great kite..the colors are ugly..but it was pretty stable considering the conditions. I had plenty of time to try and kite...but every time I would almost get up on the kite...the wind would die. At one point I got up on the board...started cruising...I leaned back and was edging out. It was my very first ride for more then 15 seconds....it felt AWESOME...I had so much stoke...and then the wind flat out died. I was so pissed...but the adrenaline rush was awesome.
I must say...w/o a 5th line that day...I would of been screwed up the butt. That 5th line is killer.

Thanks to all of you who told me to go get some lessons. I dont think I would ever get on a board w/o will's help. You guys all rock. Im in Portland right now, I will be visiting Hood River tomorrow...hopefully I will some of you if the wind picks up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tch

Since 08 Aug 2005
17 Posts

PostSat Sep 17, 05 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Cory did you happen to talk to Will about teaching younger kids? Sounds like you had a good experience - sorry about the wind.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSat Sep 17, 05 6:31 pm     Reply with quote

Will's kids rip and I believe they are 9 and 13 ish. So I know he thinks kids can ride , but whether he would teach other young children??? Its sure is a nice place to learn , down at the lake.

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts

PostTue Sep 20, 05 10:26 am     Reply with quote

I thought his kids were quite older...like 19-21. I saw one of them drinking...so who knows.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostTue Sep 20, 05 10:37 am     Reply with quote

CoryfromTHECREW wrote:
I thought his kids were quite older...like 19-21. I saw one of them drinking...so who knows.

I was drinking when I was 12! Laughing

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts

PostTue Sep 20, 05 11:45 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, we know you've been drinking since 12...the brain damage is quite obvious Razz

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue Sep 20, 05 3:19 pm     Reply with quote

KiteKarl
Quote:

I was drinking when I was 12!

from the looks of it, so has his cat. Very Happy

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Sep 21, 05 7:13 am     Reply with quote

his cat?! she-eit! all this time i thought that was karl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: