Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Easterlies on Thursday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 11, 07 10:08 pm    Easterlies on Thursday? Reply with quote

Weather.com for Camas on Thursday... If Camas is E17 then Rooster will be Very Happy Of course Airnet and Ikitesurf aren't calling for it. Which way will it go? Question

wxdetail (Medium) (2).jpg 

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 12, 07 6:51 am     Reply with quote

Geaorge and Ikitesurf are calling it now too.

Quote:
East wind 20-24 on Thursday. East wind 19-23 on Friday. West wind 19-23 on Saturday.
Offshore flow is strongest on Thursday with east wind building to 20-24 in the Western Gorge. East wind continues on Friday with 19-23 in the Western Gorge in the morning becoming light by late in the day. West wind returns on Saturday with west wind in the 19-23 range in the Central Gorge. Coastal sites are light through the next 3 days.

Thursday:
A short wave dropping south into The Rockies brings some cooler air to the east side of The Cascades while a weak thermal trough develops on the west side. Gorge gradients turn easterly. Stevenson and Rooster Rock should build into the 20-24 range. Central and Eastern Gorge sites should be east in the 10-15 range. Jones Beach should be light. Sauvies NE 10-15 and gusty. Coastal sites should be light in the 8-12 range with NE wind early then light onshore wind in the afternoon. NW swell 3 feet at 10 seconds.

brokenlizard

Since 03 Aug 2005
88 Posts
Running around the pool with scissors.

PostWed Sep 12, 07 5:05 pm     Reply with quote

Looks like it's gonna happen. I've got the day off, so I'll be heading out there tomorrow. If you're going give me a call Mike. If anyone wants to carpool from Portland or Clackamas PM me.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 12, 07 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

brokenlizard wrote:
Looks like it's gonna happen. I've got the day off, so I'll be heading out there tomorrow. If you're going give me a call Mike. If anyone wants to carpool from Portland or Clackamas PM me.

Sounds good! I'll plan on heading out somewhee between 9 & 10... Anyone else going?

Snowy

Since 30 Jun 2007
93 Posts
Ocean

PostWed Sep 12, 07 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

Whoaaaah! Wooooster!

mjc

Since 24 Mar 2007
101 Posts
Formerly Portland/Gresham, now VT
Stoked

PostWed Sep 12, 07 9:32 pm     Reply with quote

If it's blowin, gonna try to head out hopefully by noon. It'll be my first RR sess of the season......aside from my failed dalton downwinder in april. Sad

how long has RR been blowing with E so far this season anyway? Is it still weak after 3 or so?

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostThu Sep 13, 07 6:55 am     Reply with quote

whats going on with the easterlies? seesm like the forecast dropped a bit

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostThu Sep 13, 07 7:09 am     Reply with quote

strange one today...hoping Doug's will keep coming up and stay west but not holding my breath.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 13, 07 7:23 am     Reply with quote

Maybe some light Easterlies at RR by about 10:30? Looking at everything that's my guess anyway. Dropping off by 2... I'm thinking of grabbing the boat and heading to Sand island. (The little island 100 yards East of the East end of RR...) Anyone know a good link for water levels? What was the official level on Monday, and what is it now?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 13, 07 7:50 am     Reply with quote

Answered my own question...

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&period=7&site_no=14128870

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: