Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Should I be pissed?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
robkov

Since 03 Jul 2006
90 Posts

PostSun Sep 09, 07 7:09 pm    bar tension Reply with quote

Kodiak wrote:
I don't even really notice the BEST bashing. For me, money does play a part in the kites I purchase, but it is not the main factor at all. I flew the Waroos for the last year and a half not because they were inexpensive, but because I thought it wsa the best kite I could find for the riding I did. I tried several other brand of kites, all of which were more expensive, before I went to the Waroo.

One thing you will notice though is that most of th etime people who are bashing other kites are insecure about what they are riding, or have a hidden agenda. The people that have good products want you to ride their gear and compare with other kites before buying. They don't spend time bashing other kites, but talking about the good qualities of there own gear.

I was on Crossbows last year, switched after finding the bar tension on the Bularoos to be far far far less. It is no about the money, it is about the ride.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostMon Sep 10, 07 9:47 am     Reply with quote

KidCorporate wrote:
Just because someone has waroos doesn't mean they're a kook or a jackass. This is an attitude that I've seen more than once on here and frankly it bothers me that such a tightknit(and financially well endowed) group should have such an opinion.

There are a lot of dudes on this forum who ride Best (including myself) - sure some one may bust my balls once in a long while - but they are just joking with me. And to be honest - some kiter is always going to bust your balls over something or another - you just have to take it lightly.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Sep 10, 07 11:19 am     Reply with quote

I think the answer is to walk softly and carry an expensive kite.

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostMon Sep 10, 07 12:25 pm    Re: bar tension Reply with quote

robkov wrote:
I was on Crossbows last year, switched after finding the bar tension on the Bularoos to be far far far less. It is no about the money, it is about the ride.

yeah, but does the bularoo have light bar pressure when unhooked? Thats the real question. My kites have very light bar pressure unhooked, barely even feel it. Slingshot rocks

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostMon Sep 10, 07 1:28 pm     Reply with quote

Unhooked bar pressure is mysterious and challenging regardless of kite brand.

I'm not sure how I should feel about this whole topic...where is that 8-ball when I need emotional advice?

Bonetti

Since 29 Apr 2007
411 Posts
So. Cal./Oregon
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 10, 07 1:39 pm    Best kites??? Reply with quote

Best kites are gay for sure!!!!!! I know alot of Girls that ride best kites it that means anything?

MIXWELL

Since 10 Mar 2007
496 Posts
LGP COUGAR HUNTING ChEETO SLAYER
Windmixer

PostTue Sep 11, 07 11:54 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Mini ME WRITES:
Best kites are gay for sure!!!!!! I know alot of Girls that ride best kites it that means anything?

Little boy you gotta real attitude problem, you better re-asses your prioreties young man, and you better watch that other crowd you been hangin with DON"T THINK I HAVENT NOTICED Exclamation

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Any fool who limits himself or herself to only one product and talks shit about other products is simply stupid and closed minded. I feel sorry for these unfortunate sapps thinking their way is the only way. The real reality is that all things, products, kites are good, it just comes down to personal preference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats It!

END OF STORY SO IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE PEOPLES PERSONAL PREFRANCES SHUTY THE FUKY UPEE
yOU cAN bRINg A hoRsE TO tHE wATEr buT caN YOU mAke Him dRinK iT????????

tHE aNsWer IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: