Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Impressions of old SS surf board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Speedo

Since 07 May 2007
262 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 06, 07 6:03 pm    Impressions of old SS surf board? Reply with quote

hey guys,
Any of you experienced peeps ride a slingshot surf 157 board? It looks like an older versionof the current SS FUSE. Is it worth picking up if its cheap? Or is it a don't even bother it sucks board? Is it fun in the surf and the flat water?

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostThu Sep 06, 07 8:51 pm     Reply with quote

How cheap is "cheap"?

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Sep 06, 07 8:53 pm     Reply with quote

I busted out my slingy 157 surf out of the time capsule for the KB4C, fortunately I gave it a test run the night before. Lots of rocker makes it pokey upwind for a board of this size, but still a great fun board downwind or down the line in the surf. Not a fun flatwater board.

The fuse smoked it upwind and is much more spritely and fun to ride. The surf is a decent first board, but i would say just buy a used surfboard and figure it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Speedo

Since 07 May 2007
262 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 06, 07 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

gorge performance has em for $150. board only, no pads,straps, or fins. they don't look used, and there are 5 of them i think. it seems pretty cool for $150, but having 5 of them sitting in the shop raised a red flag for me. I was thinking about it as an alternative to bringing that lovely LF directional

I called hawaiian air today and they wanted $80 each way for my LF directional board, so i thought about leaving the LF behind and spending the money a board instead! trouble is, i dont think a 157cm board will fit into the damn deceiver type bag anyway.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 06, 07 9:59 pm     Reply with quote

Deceiver bag will fit only up to a 151cm board.

Pay to play- take the LF surfboard. Use it for what it was designed for. Your vacation will kick ass and you will have no regrets about having spent the extra baggage cash to have made sure your trip was a success.

Pepi

www.Purestokesports.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: