Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

would this work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chefjaredagcc

Since 12 Jul 2007
106 Posts
Seaside
Stoked

PostWed Sep 05, 07 6:31 pm    would this work? Reply with quote

my friends parents run this company and said they would get me some cheap gear, what do you guys think, taction board pad w traction shoes....made for wake skating but maybe work for kiteboarding

http://www.shawkboardgear.com/

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostThu Sep 06, 07 7:38 am     Reply with quote

Jared,
I think that it would work, BUT.....knowing that you are just getting into kiting I was say that more importantly is your board selection over the way the board is attached to your feet. You can learn faster with a set of straps on a board that does well in your learning environment than a wakeskate or other board not made for kiting. Kiteboards are very different than anything made to pull behind a boat.
Get a board that goes through waves well, cuts chop, has decent glide and is long enough for the ocean. I am sure that Ben at PacWave will be able to help you out. He probably has some closeout 07 boards by now.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostThu Sep 06, 07 8:39 am     Reply with quote

no matter how cheap you get it you can probablly find a used kiteboard just as chaeap and you will learn way faster.

chefjaredagcc

Since 12 Jul 2007
106 Posts
Seaside
Stoked

PostThu Sep 06, 07 2:20 pm     Reply with quote

thanks guys, barfly gave me the same advice...see ya out there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: