Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Footpad setup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
DaveB

Since 05 Aug 2007
14 Posts

PostWed Sep 05, 07 10:05 am    Footpad setup? Reply with quote

I'm putting the footpads on my new board and was wondering what's the optimal spacing for the stance? The inner most threads feel comfortable standing without spreading the legs too much. but should I be setting a wider stance?

board is the Jaime 2006 M(127), and I'm 6' tall

thx!

splaterwin

Since 17 Nov 2005
165 Posts
Vancouver
Stoked

PostWed Sep 05, 07 10:23 am     Reply with quote

Check out page page 45 & 46 of this link.

http://www.iksurfmag.com/

could help.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 05, 07 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

You want a stance wider than your shoulders. I consider my stance pretty agressive and set my stance to the widest the board will accept. Because you can move your feet around in the foot straps you can deal with a wide stance. It helps when you land tricks. If you just wannt get out there and cruise, slash at swell, and not really jump then shoulder width.

I'd recommend setting it to its widest, taking a screw driver down to the beach and gradually moving it all the way to the closest setting. Try all the different combos and just go with the one that feels most stable. For me that is all the way out.

Check out early videos of Aaron Hadlow compared to his latest videos. He used to ride super narrow and now rides super wide.

A good indicator of a stance being to narrow is a back roll. If you have a tendency to over rotate, the stance is to narrow. If you can't complete the roll, it doesn't mean you're to wide because it could have been a crappy pop.

-Forrest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: