Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Best bar set up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
BrDRdR

Since 20 Aug 2005
26 Posts

PostWed Aug 31, 05 6:25 pm    Best bar set up? Reply with quote

Just wondering what is working for you riders - seeing what else is out there. I have (2) slingshot bars. A 19in with a oneline set up and 27M lines, and a 4 line 17in with 23M lines. I find myself using the 17 most of the time, even with larger kites if the wind is good. With the shorter lines, the kite response feels quicker, and more natural. The short bar helps me not oversteer when the wind is pumpin, and feels more like what I'm used to behind a boat. What works for you guys?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Aug 31, 05 7:01 pm     Reply with quote

Haven't ever used much besides my Slingshot 17" with 27 meter lines, but it seems to work just fine on both my 7 and 11. I'd like to shorten up my 7's lines, just to see the difference in response and in high wind.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Aug 31, 05 8:20 pm     Reply with quote

17inch SS with 23m lines just like you BRdr. Slingshot bars are great, very comfortable, durable, simple.. Love how I can adjust the stopper ball while riding. I usually keep the stopper ball very low so the bar stays close to me, in gusty wind I will reset it a bit higher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: