Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Update from Windfest 2007 weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CrazyC

Since 07 Apr 2007
174 Posts
P Town
Stoked

PostTue Aug 14, 07 11:28 am    Update from Windfest 2007 weekend Reply with quote

Despite the fact that there was hardly any wind. It was still an awesome weekend filled with great music, food and super friendly people from all over.

The Bolstad’s won too many awards to keep track of so, I will let them fill you in.
Saturday was the Distance Race followed by a party around the fire until the wee hours of
Sunday. When everyone started to recover from their long inebriated night the wind finally picked up in the afternoon, the Boarder X and Freestyle took place.

As far as the new 08 Ocean Rodeo Rise goes I am unable to give it a fair assessment because of the lack of wind. The new kite is designed with a vent to sheet wind, creating greater stability off the trailing edge of the kite. The new pulley system provides much lower bar pressure. Like I said though, I was unable to test it out in a powered wind.

The highlight of the entire weekend had to be when OR held a contest where the contestants had to untangle a bar and line. The winner was to receive the bar and line
But after 3 grueling hours, it was decided to donate the prize to two local girls who have been working on kiting for the past 3 years but had no gear of their own. The generosity didn’t stop there though. . .
a kite was next, followed by a board and harness. Needless to say they were totally stoked! So, now we have no wind but a nice place to check out. Yes Victoria BC!

Bus for Monkey Boy.JPG 
   10.JPG 
   9.JPG 
   8.JPG 
   7.JPG 
   6.JPG 
   5.JPG 
   4.JPG 
   3.JPG 
   2.JPG 
   fier.JPG 
   1.JPG 

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostTue Aug 14, 07 11:36 am     Reply with quote

nice Carl

I was waiting for your update...looks like you and the clan had a great time...

although, missed you guys at the blowout.

-NEXT YEAR! Very Happy

CrazyC

Since 07 Apr 2007
174 Posts
P Town
Stoked

PostTue Aug 14, 07 11:38 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Jake. Blowout looked fun. Maybe next year

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostTue Aug 14, 07 11:56 am     Reply with quote

Cool pix Carl! I really like # 8 - shows how close everybody was grouped up waiting for the start of the boarder x. The parties and music sure were fun!

Tony

MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostTue Aug 14, 07 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Congrats to Carol for winning. Looks like it was a fun time.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostTue Aug 14, 07 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

Nice picts, looks like a great event. Is that your van?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: