Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kalama lauch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Aug 24, 05 8:24 pm    kalama lauch Reply with quote

heya,

if i am reading the isobar readings correctly, it looks like north wind tomorrow. do y'all think kalama will be an option? can someone tell me how to get to the kitebeach there?

thank you
jimbo

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Aug 25, 05 4:32 am     Reply with quote

I slithered up there Wed. for my first time. North on I-5 take X27 Todd Road toward the river. Cross the RR tracks and go right at all the industrial stuff. Go about 2-3 miles till you get to some trees and a porto potty on your left. There is a gravel road that parralells the beach. If the tide is running out the fishermen will be there and they are somewhat agro. I guess they've had some kite-kooks really f-up their program. "Lines around my wife's neck - took out every pole on the beach" kinda stuff.

Give fisherman 50 yards at least! i.e. Stay well off shore if you are near them. Use the rest of the river to avoid angst. If it's real crowded launch on the South end where they don't fish. As soon as the tide stops running out the fisherman take off.

Nice wind, seemed a little more consistent on the inside. Late in the day some pretty nice swell started forming. Nice little ramps on the port tack.

It was just me, the Floridian, and Longview Leon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: