Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

slingshot link?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stringer

Since 31 Jul 2007
694 Posts
Chucktown
Flying Tomato

PostSun Aug 05, 07 12:28 pm    slingshot link? Reply with quote

What is up with these kites?

I have seen them all bagged up, but have not heard or seen anything about them.

Does anybody have any experience with these kites?

thealohakid

Since 09 Aug 2006
58 Posts
MAUI

PostSun Aug 05, 07 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

link was replaced by the rev for 08

SteveD

Since 20 May 2007
10 Posts
Beaverton

PostSun Aug 05, 07 5:06 pm    Link Reply with quote

I have a 12 that I bought two months ago. I bought it for the bar (5 line) and to get a little more low end than my boxer and more control on the top end. The bar is great and makes my 2005 12 boxer relaunch with ease. I can't say as much for the kite. The boxer out flies it at the low end without a doubt and relaunches easier in low wind with the slingshot bar. The link is just too heavy for low wind. Once the wind picks up (15+) the kite flies much better and has great depower, but I think I got what I paid for ($699 complete). I got a great bar and a nice bag and pump, they threw in a decent kite to sweeten the deal. I can't say the Link has been trouble free either. The 5th line was too short out of the box which made the first 2 sessions with it near impossible. With some help I got that corrected which made the kite better but not great.

Until Sauvie's puts out a bunch more 15 days I will be less than happy with my purchase.

Steve

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Aug 05, 07 7:36 pm     Reply with quote

and to make things worse (sorry dude) several shops are blowin em out at $499 complete.

ouch

jimmi

JUMPIN JIMI

Since 11 Nov 2006
123 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Aug 06, 07 2:36 am     Reply with quote

JUST ANOTHER LEMMON KITE.THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT SOON,REV LOOKS PRETTY NICE.

shannon

Since 15 Aug 2006
126 Posts

Bolstad Clan

PostMon Aug 06, 07 11:53 am     Reply with quote

i can say that i few the kite all winter in La Ventana and it's a great kite. not the best that slingshot has ever made but for the deals that they are selling them for now, it's a steal of a deal. the link is great for the surf and can get big lofty air jumps. and the missing link and the 7 are dialed in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: