Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Moving to Portland
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
carolb

Since 04 Nov 2006
590 Posts
Stevenson, WA in the summer, SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostWed Jul 25, 07 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Are you a big city roller or small town homey? Either way you're driving if you must work in the city. We commuted from Stevenson to Portland and it wasn't bad with 2 people in the car. Then we figured out a way to work from home most of the time and be on the Stevenson beach by 4pm. If you can internet it, live in the gorge. If you like a town with more atmosphere, go to the Hood. If you live to kite, move to Stevenson.

Yes I am an addict too. We've infected all of our kids also. I bought my house sight unseen from Colorado base on Tony's description: liveable house, views, and a pool for the dangle rope. At the time, Stevenson was rated on a forum as one of the top 5 kiting locations in the US (along with HR). And it was closer than HR to Portland if I had to actually work. Tony was given a map with a 10 minute radius of BOG rule and found the compound. Best move we ever made!

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Jul 25, 07 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

Panic,

Coming from the Cape you will be looking at more rain than you are used to and it is a city. There are quite a few Cape Cod transplants living in the HR area. A few people commute to Portland to work. You might want to look closely at living in The Gorge.

Where are you from on the Cape?

I spend a bunch of time in the winter snowkiting with Eric from Funseekers in Wellfleet. The Richman Bros' roots go back to P-town. Yeah, you'll have friends here.

Have FUN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: