Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Similar skimboard to SS 52” Scud?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
346 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri May 17, 24 8:32 am    Similar skimboard to SS 52” Scud? Reply with quote

I’ve been playing around with a borrowed Slingshot Scud of 52” length. It’s been fun on lightwind days when foiling isn’t an option for me. Does anyone know of a current skim board that is fairly flat with one fin that would perform similarly? Or any of you foilers have one sitting in your garage from 10+ years ago you’d be willing to sell?

Cheers!

retz

Since 06 Aug 2007
131 Posts
west linn
Stoked

PostSat May 18, 24 6:38 am     Reply with quote

I have a 52 scud and love that thing! I’ve used it so much I stripped the pads and repainted it and added fresh grip tape. It’s been a session saver for years. I foil too but skimming is still fun. Sorry, I can’t sell it, it’s too good!

sflinux

Since 16 Jun 2012
4 Posts

Kook

PostMon May 20, 24 5:21 pm     Reply with quote

I would get some 1/2" marine plywood and trace the SS scud. Leave the tail flat and sand the nose bottom to get some rocker.
No experience on the SS skud, but I recently acquired the 52" SS Butter Bar. It has 3 fin options and so far I have tried it with 3 & 2. Leaning towards the 3 fin setup, but will try single & finless. I also hydrofoil and picked up this board for low tide days, when the water isn't deep enough for a surfboard. Low end of the Butter Bar is similar to my 5'4" surfboard.
I have 3 other flat bottom skimboards, all of which I ride finless: Windwing, Cabal SX, & Zap Pro L. The Windwing is the smallest, probably too small for me, have to ride well powered. The Cabal has a fishtail which probably helps it's low end. The Zap is pintail with surf rocker. Haven't had the chance to test them all back to back. But there is something cool about the bottom contours of the Butter Bar.

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
346 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon May 27, 24 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

While I'll be patient and hope to stumble upon a scud, I appreciate the replies. I might try some random skimmers in the meantime and see what works.

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: