Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Is there anything harder than trying to decide which kite?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
endoshred

Since 22 May 2006
232 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostWed Jul 18, 07 11:07 am     Reply with quote

so many great kite brands on the market right now. you probably cant go wrong with most new kites. each of us will pick what best fits our style. we may even feel so passionate about our specific kites that we will shout it to the world. what ever level you are at, go with the kites that give you the most stoke!

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed Jul 18, 07 11:45 am     Reply with quote

endoshred wrote:
so many great kite brands on the market right now. you probably cant go wrong with most new kites. each of us will pick what best fits our style. we may even feel so passionate about our specific kites that we will shout it to the world. what ever level you are at, go with the kites that give you the most stoke!

Which is how this whole thread started - how do you know which kite will give you the most stoke? Thats the question. Its hard to demo them all.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:17 pm     Reply with quote

Watch videos, pick some riders that ride the way you want to ride, research what kites they fly on the net, research those kites, try to find a demo.

terremoto wrote:
Which is how this whole thread started - how do you know which kite will give you the most stoke? Thats the question. Its hard to demo them all.

SoOR

Since 10 Mar 2007
56 Posts
Ashland, OR

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:17 pm     Reply with quote

registered wrote:
yeah 01 for sure, I can't believe a seller named bluntmandan would make that kind of mistake. Laughing Laughing Laughing

this is what the sellers replied back to me with

"well its actually an 04 according to the guy at the surf shop but I miss printed the tag"

i cant believe a shop could be that clueless.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:30 pm     Reply with quote

Guy told me it was a mistake, what an assclown!

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:37 pm     Reply with quote

I sent ebay a note, but who knows if they'll actually do anything. Funny thing is that there's an actual 2005 11m Fuel on sale right now and the two are obviously not the same kite. Guess the buyer didn't do his research.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:41 pm     Reply with quote

iKite classifieds are riddled with people that do this... I reported one of them but it never got taken down. Buyer beware...

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed Jul 18, 07 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

I generally buy my quivers used and I definately come accross kites that are mislabeled years. I started googling the year to verify the pictures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: