Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

If you kite at the hatch you should read this post.
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostMon Jul 16, 07 9:05 pm    If you kite at the hatch you should read this post. Reply with quote

OK, I've made some stupid posts and spread some FUD. I can't change the past, but this post on my "take this survey page.." made me think that somebody, anybody, maybe somebody like his friend could approach this guy about his kiting at the hatch.

Here is the quote from a concerned person. I'm not trying to stir anything up, but somebody may know this guy and be able to talk to him.

"Alright boys and girls I've got to call out the COMPLETE Jack@#* kiter at the hatchery today Sunday the 15th. If anyone was there to witness the guy on the carbrina kite launching himself thru the very busy hatch will people please step up. I've have been a fan of kiting from the start, a long time friend of mine has a succesful kite business and I certainly appreciate the athletic abilities of those that can boost the fifty foot airs but what is the point of getting increasingly aggressive the more people you piss off. I saw at least 4 windsurfers have to completely throw themselves into the water with their rigs to avoid being clobbered by this guy. Many others simply had to make drastic directional changes to give this guy the room he demanded. When people yelled at him he would just cut them off more and jump closer. Then....he climbs out of the water super stoked yelling, and I quote, "I was owning it out there, did you hear all those people pissed off and yelling at me, it was sweet. I was killing it!" What is going on with the windsurfers? There should have been 10 guys waiting for this dude when he got out of the water. It should have been clear to this guy and the guy who launched him that there are soooo many other places he should be kiting rather than a busy day at the hatch. My buddy who is a avid kiter,windsurfer,and surfer said that if this guy pulled that stuff at seaside those boys would dropkick his a#$. Now I'm not saying that we should be gettin all militant and slashing his tires or busting his windshield (although this is common practice at many of the northwest surfbreaks if you're an idiot) but trying to be all rasta cool or bro' down with a anyone that obviously doesn't give two shits about the people sailing is total crap! Wheeew. Honestly, I mulled over making a post in this forum for several days. I think kiting is super rad! This was just the final straw to make me speak up. Avid kiters, do these guys exist at the "kite spots too? How do you guys handle it? Anyhoo, like I said before, this kind of disrespect should have been met with ten guys pointing the way to highway 14.[/i]" Iwindsurf.com 16 june 07 Crying or Very sad

If in fact this kiter is doing such things it's only a matter of time before somebody gets injured unnessearily.

Peace,

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Jul 16, 07 9:23 pm     Reply with quote

bulae,

normally not a fan of your posts or persona, but that is a good post to share. i agree, they should kick his ass if he is being deliberately dangerous. he gives everyone else a bad name and then we have to deal with it, and enter a tense situation as soon as we get into a windsurfer lineup. jumping at the hatch is stupid in the first place. no reason to be in the middle of everything. idiot.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue Jul 17, 07 4:16 am     Reply with quote

The world is full of kooks. I'm a big fan of self-regulating.

bleighty

Since 17 Apr 2006
86 Posts
St. Petersburg, FL

PostTue Jul 17, 07 4:31 am     Reply with quote

Is the guy's name Rick?

if so.. you guys are in for a treat. he is a menace and cares ZERO for the safety of others. He has ruined his rep in many kite spots around the nation. He trashed one of our locals equipment during one of his "killing it" sessions...which in Rick terms means 'complete disregard for everyone'...

if it is the same guy.. here's a topic i started on Kiteforum in January that should cover all the details..

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2335319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=unwanted&start=0

if its not the same guy.. maybe Rick has a brother.. Smile

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 17, 07 5:27 am     Reply with quote

Everybody knows that Real Men don't launch and land their kites at the Hatch,

They launch at the spit and kite upwind to sail at the Hatch or Swell then downwind it back...........

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostTue Jul 17, 07 6:18 am     Reply with quote

If it happened 10 years ago I can pretty much guarantee that dude would have been clobberred. Windsurfers are getting old. Laughing

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostTue Jul 17, 07 6:21 am     Reply with quote

If that actually happened on Sunday and the normal crew(kiters and windskippers) was there, that guy would have gotten a serious talking to. I was not there that day, but please identify him and we will take appropriate action and never let him kite there again.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 17, 07 6:45 am     Reply with quote

We poke fun at Event Site windsurfers but the guys at the Hatch deserve some serious respect. The last thing we need to do is piss them off.

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostTue Jul 17, 07 6:55 am     Reply with quote

I just checked iwindsurf and that post was nowhere to be found. I think Bulae99 is just trying to stir the pot, and the aforementioned scene never happened. If it did I would have heard about it . I think you should delete this post. And to Bulae99, you're a dick and need to be straightened out, I'll volunteer.

bleighty

Since 17 Apr 2006
86 Posts
St. Petersburg, FL

PostTue Jul 17, 07 7:02 am     Reply with quote

edit: apparently the guy I was thinking of is riding in WI these days (per a post on kitefourm)..

Last edited by bleighty on Thu Jul 19, 07 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 17, 07 7:21 am     Reply with quote

There are some pretty interesting posts. Gives a little insight into what some windsurfers think of us.
Last edited by boardrider on Tue Jul 17, 07 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Jul 17, 07 7:21 am     Reply with quote

http://forums.iwindsurf.com/viewtopic.php?t=12767&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Jul 17, 07 7:29 am     Reply with quote

If you look, there are only two posts by this person. I'm not defending the idiot, but with little credibility and no one else chiming in that they saw it too, I'm calling b.s. on this one till I see someone confirm.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostTue Jul 17, 07 7:59 am     Reply with quote

BigR wrote:

They launch at the spit and kite upwind to sail at the Hatch or Swell then downwind it back...........

i couldn't agree more

Slipin Lizard

Since 23 Sep 2005
88 Posts
Hood River, Oregon

PostTue Jul 17, 07 8:55 am     Reply with quote

Scriffler wrote:
And to Bulae99, you're a dick and need to be straightened out, I'll volunteer.

Chill dude, you need a sesh baaaaad.

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jul 17, 07 9:06 am     Reply with quote

yes in general, but you are also forgetting about the many days that are 25-30 up there and kites are falling out of the sky at the sandbar.

magicmaker wrote:
BigR wrote:

i couldn't agree more

Jackal

Since 17 Dec 2005
147 Posts
WS
Stoked

PostTue Jul 17, 07 9:40 am     Reply with quote

Real men please stay away from the Hatch. We can't take the macho manliness displays there, as we are only meek kiters who can't even afford to cross the bridge. Please let us peons be and bless us with your manly visits as you ply the Columbia looking for your next conquest. javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

When you're off the water, you can find even more ways to be real men here....

motel.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: