Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Helix Mini Site @ www.naishkites.com
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
joeag

Since 13 Apr 2007
7 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 20, 07 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

any reason you can't use a standard SLE bar (thinking Ocean Rodeo Rise Bar) with these kites? If a bar works for one bridled kite it should work for all I would think. The OR bar is the best I have ever seen and it has the same chicken loop line cam cleat on the chicken loop/safety attachment that appears on the new Naish bar.

Coloradokiter

Since 11 Apr 2006
19 Posts

PostFri Jul 20, 07 12:55 pm     Reply with quote

Jon, thanks for the explanation. I can visualize the differences now. I am going to wait until the new bars are available. I am thinking of selling my Shockwaves 9, 12 and 16 and replacing them with just new Helix 9 & 14. So now I guess I just sit back and wait to hear the reviews. I am sure there will be no demos where I live Sad(. But if you or anyone have any feedback on my plan I will appreciate hearing it. I rather have 2 kite to travel with than 3.

thanks, Joel

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Jul 20, 07 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

Found this:

hey guys,
ASnews.net/The Kiteboarder Magazine will be podcasting with Naish Designer Damien Girardin next thursday July 26 at 6p PST LIVE. You can ask your questions realtime by joining the chat room at the lounge, or post your questions on the official thread that I will be uploading Sunday or Monday. Get your questions answered directly from the Source:-)

If you have any other suggestions for an interviewee guest or topic, please email me at marina@thekiteboarder.com. We do these shows to help bridge the communication between riders and mfgs as well as spotlight new innovations, travel destinations, events and personalities.

good riding,
Marina

www.naishkites.com

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostFri Jul 20, 07 3:59 pm     Reply with quote

joe: I think you could use the OR bar easily...most kites can be used on any bar, as long as the throw is long enough, and the line length are correct...traditionally the Naish kites have the same length back and front lines, but I don't know if it is the same this year...I expect it to be.

A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: