Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Helix Mini Site @ www.naishkites.com
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:05 am    Helix Mini Site @ www.naishkites.com Reply with quote

Thought it needed its own Subject Line!

http://www.naishkites.com/

Thanks, Jon

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:26 am     Reply with quote

But I thought my subject line was a little more appropriate. LOL. Seriously though, at this point I think allot of people are waiting for some real world reviews.

jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:33 am     Reply with quote

wow.. mad props to Naish for trying completely new ideas for kite design. Can't wait to feel/hear how they fly.

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:38 am     Reply with quote

Hey PMB,

No HYPE needed as these the performance of these kites will speak for itself. I have no idea what the NW demo plan is, but now that we are being open and forthcoming with information... I will let everyone know when I know.

Jon

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:48 am     Reply with quote

The bar does look like a serious upgrade this year as well.

Bam,
I understand some of the benefits from the sigma design, tighter canopy, easy relaunch, very difficult to invert. Can you do any comparison though from personal experience about how they fly compared to the 07 SLEs? Do they boost better, how is turning, rear line pressure etc.
Jim

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:57 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, give us some idea of how it flies. Something, anything. No wait, let me guess...
It's faster, jumps higher, flies smoother, turns easier, rides unhooked better, and have more range than any other kite every made or any kite that WILL be made in the next 3-years (except for the Helix 2).

Laughing

I'm just prodding you, the design definitely has some merit. I don't know if I can wait till 09 when I can afford one though. Laughing

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jul 16, 07 11:59 am     Reply with quote

Jim,

The new bar is awesome, and the new sliding stopper works perfectly.

Hmmm, hard to put an overall kite feel into words. But KNOW this... In 08 I will not be riding the Torch, but instead will be fully on either the Helix or Cult...

Super floaty/gliding jumps, fast, and perfect bar pressure in 1:1... But don't take my word, try a demo later this summer or early next spring.

Bams...

Last edited by bambam on Fri Jul 20, 07 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 16, 07 5:18 pm     Reply with quote

More pics I found...

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the

PostMon Jul 16, 07 8:02 pm     Reply with quote

man that thing looks sooo cool!!!

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Jul 16, 07 8:23 pm     Reply with quote

those bridles are extravagant.

i suspect the price will be as well?

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Jul 16, 07 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

jpeskin wrote:
wow.. mad props to Naish for trying completely new ideas for kite design. Can't wait to feel/hear how they fly.

WORD!

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Jul 16, 07 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

Bam,

Can you talk about the major differences between the helix and the cult? The alliance seems like the kite for folks that can't give up a 5 line kite and the code looks like the more entry level kite, although I could be wrong. Also any word on the price point?

Jim

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 17, 07 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

Jim,

Your pretty much close... Please refrain from trying to compare these kites to any past Naish designs.

Helix is our top of the heap performance kite with seven struts to give it a tad more stabilty. The kite does everything very very well. Personally I really like the Cult with the simplicity and light feeling of five struts. Maybe not the mad stability and jumping of the Helix, but it just does everything really really well. I have not ridden the Alliance much as it is slated for a slightly later release date. The Code is our price entry kite that is based more off the Cult. At the importer meeting I watched Robby take the Code and school everyone on the water, so just know that pricepoint does not mean ANY less performance. Just some bells and whistles like the Octopus were removed to bring the price down.

The Torch is well... still the Torch. Don't mess with what works eh?

Instead of getting into the nuances of the techy kite measurement metrics, the one thing that I really have noticed about the Sigma Series is that the GeoTech and Sigma Outline really to combine to create a kite that is just simply easy to fly and perform with. I kinda feel like I am cheating with these kites and that the whole kiteboarding thing should be more difficult.

Man, I wish I was learning to kite now! But as always, the key is to demo demo, and demo some more. No company can tell you what you are going to like, but I think Naish has got something here that LOTS of people will indeed be liking.

Bams

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostTue Jul 17, 07 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to track one down for a demo Very Happy

Coloradokiter

Since 11 Apr 2006
19 Posts

PostFri Jul 20, 07 5:19 am     Reply with quote

Bams

this is a question on the new bars. I've been told by my dealer that they were told the first batch of Helix's were coming with the "Standard Loop" bars. The mini site only shows the new "Smart Loop" system. I am just guessing that the Smart Loop isn't ready yet. Have you seen the Standard Loop bar and does it have the moveable stopper or is it basically last years bar? Any description of what the Standard Loop bar looks like?

thanks, Joel

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Jul 20, 07 11:17 am     Reply with quote

Joel,

You have been told correct... The Smart Loop needed a wee bit more luv before it could go public, but trust me...it rocks...

On the Standard Loop, it is the same release system as this years kite and the power adjusters are are also the same. BUT, it does feature the new sliding stopper by having the center trim line split into two lines. The stopper is also a two piece design that allows quick installing and removing. We advise beginners to NOT use the stopper initially as it impedes the depower of the kite in situations where they might need to let go of the bar.

Enjoy, and kite on... Jon

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostFri Jul 20, 07 11:51 am     Reply with quote

so when will we get some big air photos? I'm dying to test the 14.

A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: