Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

What's next ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TommyK

Since 18 May 2015
47 Posts

PostWed Nov 01, 23 11:14 am    What's next ? Reply with quote

With the premise that foil tech evolves every 6 months,,,,,

What are you excited to try/buy that is just now hitting the market ?

I am an intermediate winger who "thinks" he prefers a one front foil (but multiple tails )
approach

Currently I am riding a lift 150X with a short fuse and 85cm NoLimitz mast

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
463 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 01, 23 2:36 pm    Triton T1 Reply with quote

This thing has rocked my world. Super fun, playful, huge range.

Its been out for a few years, but I've only seen a couple in the wild.

If only it came in a bass boat glitter finish.

I had a Cloud 9 set up with an amputated, very short, fuselage and stabilizer. It was loose, quick turning, fun, and a lot less pitchy than you'd think. Going back to a long fuse, I missed the skate feel.

The T1 was a hit from the first ride.

It does float, but the board just sits on it side, ready to go. It doesn't take off up wind, or turn rightsize up and take off downwind (like most foils). So, it won't come cruising down to meet you if you get yarded off, but you won't have to chase it upwind. It'll drift slowly downwind.

Stringy makes an adaptor to fir Sabfoil/Moses masts, but I haven't tried mine out yet. Fits most aluminum masts, (not LF masts) or comes with an 85 aluminum mast from Triton.

It'll keep gliding to almost a complete stop, and plane up with just a slight pull. Breeching is surprisingly forgiving, if you don't nose it down. It'll come completely up, ride on top and recover.

When you do come off, it'll do a back flip and stop. It won't chase you down and smack you in the head.

I'm super happy with it. Works even better with UFO or Clouds.

I think strut less is going to be the next big thing. And the hybrid ram air/ single skins are looking very cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: