Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Carbon wing fuselage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cathy o.

Since 11 Aug 2014
82 Posts

PostSat Sep 09, 23 5:46 pm    Carbon wing fuselage Reply with quote

Well, my first 'blemish' on my new carbon fuselage : ( Looks like 'minor' scrapes or dings on right edge. Anything to be done to them? I'm a carbon 'rookie'. Will be using this in sea water. (See attached photo)

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 6.45.25 PM.png 

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Sep 09, 23 6:14 pm     Reply with quote

Crazy glue and baking soda will fill those nicely. Google that method. Then use a black paint pen and lightly sand

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
293 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 11, 23 5:24 pm     Reply with quote

That will be the first of many and those scratches and dings are inconsequential. I wouldn't worry about it till you have a lot of them and when you do get some bondo filler from Auto Zone and use that to fill in.

In the meantime you can sand them down to buff out the edges. Start with 200 to knock off the sharp pieces then go to 600 then 800. I finish mine with 1500 when I am doing the full Bondo job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: