Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Nw wing forum?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
juandesooka

Since 21 Jan 2014
98 Posts

PostThu Sep 21, 23 1:13 pm     Reply with quote

Windian wrote:

I will readily admit that winging has some real advantages in the Gorge and other flat water venues. But, on the Oregon coast with serious surf it is not superior.

Funny thinking back to the sneering disdain of the surfer calling us kiters a bunch of water skiers. I guess winging has now taken over that lower rung on the ladder. Probably because it's where all the old windsurfers have ended up. And I guess washed up old kiters too, present company included. Laughing

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1257 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 21, 23 3:13 pm     Reply with quote

barfly wrote:
shred_da_gorge wrote:
And don't get me started on Celtic punk versus country music! ☘

Discuss... 😆🤣

Now here's a subject I can sink my teeth into. In general, both genres are ripe with crap. If I had to choose, I'd go with country. I can find a lot of country and country-ish music that is really good. Celtic punk? I mean what is that? All I can think of is Flogging Molly and it gives me a headache. Is it really even punk? Dropkick Murphys have some good stuff for sure. Is that considered Celtic? Great topic, let's burn this out!

Wait, you mean that redneck backbeat minor chord crap? DKM and Real McKenzies FTW! Laughing

(Screw the cowbell, rock and roll needs more bagpipe! )

Srsly tho... hilarious we're debating which watersport is 'better.' Seems like having an eFoil trumps all these pump-up pool toys, and you don't even need a Sprinter to haul it around (but that's a qualifier). Very Happy

P.S. You know they invented whisky so their music would actually sound good...

jperry

Since 07 Nov 2008
188 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Sep 27, 23 8:01 am     Reply with quote

Lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: