Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

North bend coos bay kiting winging intel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Jimbob24

Since 15 Jul 2021
10 Posts
Bend

PostThu Jun 29, 23 1:28 pm    North bend coos bay kiting winging intel? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Wife planned trip to coos bay north bend area. What’s the intel on lauches there? Seems hard to get to the north beach. We’re staying on the sound side just opposite north beach. Can wing or kite.

Thx!

whiskeybarrels

Since 30 Apr 2020
2 Posts
PDX

PostFri Jul 07, 23 4:30 pm     Reply with quote

I think you mean the north spit? Also fyi I've never head it called a sound. Just the bay, or more eloquently the Dirty Bay if anyone from NorCal was around. Anyways the best spots are Whiskey Run or Florence S Jetty. If you're short on time out by the bridge is a fun spot. Just check the tide for launch area and be prepared for some muck walking. I wouldn't recommend north spit due to the longer drive and poor waves. Rumors are its sharky too. Avoid Bastendorff. Are you staying at Bay Point? You could likely launch from there as well. You'll want an incoming tide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: