Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Any Kiting this Week??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cckiteboarder

Since 10 Jul 2007
3 Posts

Kook

PostTue Jul 10, 07 2:58 pm    Any Kiting this Week?? Reply with quote

I almost always get skunked when I travel.

Coming to Portland tomorrow thru Sat. The predictions don't look to good - but what do I know. Is it as bad as it looks? Do you think I have any chance of getting to kite? Help out a kiter from Nevada Very Happy

Thanks

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Jul 10, 07 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

of all the weeks to come to Portland. Its' going to be like, well, its going to be like Nevada here. Laughing

If it doesn't switch and blow east you may be able to hit sauvie..bring a big kite and big board. I'm hoping that the gorge turns back on by this weekend.

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostTue Jul 10, 07 3:19 pm     Reply with quote

Grom and Sam got in a session at Stevenson this morning - said it was super smooth, "blowing like a fan", easterlies. Forecast for tomorrow:

"Stevenson may see east wind in the 18-22 range but most Gorge sites look light. Jones Beach is light. Sauvies looks light with NE wind 8-12. Most coastal sites look weak with offshore flow."

Thursday and Friday should be back to westerlies. Looks like we didn't take too big of a hit from an early summer heat wave.

Just looked and it's STILL blowing steady in Stevenson.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostTue Jul 10, 07 3:20 pm     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
of all the weeks to come to Portland. Its' going to be like, well, its going to be like Nevada here. Laughing

If it doesn't switch and blow east you may be able to hit sauvie..bring a big kite and big board. I'm hoping that the gorge turns back on by this weekend.

i dunno about that, i would say it will be on this weekend, looking at the extended, says tomorrow will be easterly, so, RR or stevenson is probably going off. Then the extended says westerlies return to the Gorge on Thursday. and more marine air pushing in on Friday; should be going off on Friday, hopefully it will hold thru Saturday and Sunday. I may just have to get out and ride a little this weekend.

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 10, 07 3:39 pm     Reply with quote

Stevenson in the AM, Sauvies or Jones in the PM was the norm when it's HOT in PDX.

Right?

cckiteboarder

Since 10 Jul 2007
3 Posts

Kook

PostThu Jul 12, 07 7:39 am    Today?? Reply with quote

Here in SE Portland today and have some free time. Where and when do you think I should hit the river today??

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 12, 07 7:46 am     Reply with quote

Hood River Sandbar should be pretty good all day. It's gusty, but plenty windy. Sandbar is right next to The Event Site.

Strongest Gorge wind from Swell City to The Event Site this morning in the 22-26 range. Afternoon wind backs off to 19-23. Sites farther east look lighter. Stevenson should be west 18-22 this afternoon.

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostThu Jul 12, 07 7:47 am     Reply with quote

stevenson or hood river, some good wind there this afternoon after 1 or 2 pm, lasting likely till sundown

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 12, 07 7:48 am     Reply with quote

Hey Steve!

Stevenson, Hood River anytime. Jones Beach will go with good light wind riding until sometime in the afternoon and then pick up. My prediction anyway...

Have fun!
Nak

cckiteboarder

Since 10 Jul 2007
3 Posts

Kook

PostThu Jul 12, 07 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Cool - Heading East - Stevenson Hood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: