Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ne at floras lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostWed Aug 10, 05 4:43 pm    ne at floras lake Reply with quote

heya mates,

can anyone tell me if ne works at floras, may bite the bullet for the long haul down there thursday/friday. the gorge looks sketchy, and i got no skills yet for the salt
thanks
jimbo Question

wytcap

Since 10 Mar 2005
203 Posts
NW oregon
Stoked

PostWed Aug 10, 05 7:23 pm     Reply with quote

NE winds are very gusty there, works best on NW, I was there last week and it was very gusty

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostWed Aug 10, 05 8:51 pm     Reply with quote

Floras pretty much blows NNE all the time, and is pretty gusty most the time. But I like it there a lot. The smooth water makes up for it being gusty. Great place to try a new trick. Make sure you have a 9m or smaller, cause it gets real strong there. I was there this weekend, and from 8am until sunset it was 7m to 9m all day and thru the night. The best is about 1.0 to 1.5 hours before sunset, then you can bring out your 11m or 13m and get some nice wind.
If you look on ikitesurf, I would add about 5mph to the avg reading.

If you are comfortable in the ocean go up to Wiskey Run at least once, nice and smooth wind. Also make sure to stop by and say hi to Will, if the wind is not blowing he will tell you it is.

Trevor

garrett

Since 03 Mar 2005
11 Posts
Canada

PostMon Aug 15, 05 6:03 am     Reply with quote

Not sure where you are driving from? But, you should try Sunset beach. Just south of Astoria. Even though it is the ocean, it is very friendly, very consistant wind, and the break is small. To me the consistant wind makes kiting easier than trying to learn in the gusty gorge. It anything goes wrong, you will just wash into shore with your gear. It was so consistant that I was riding a 16.5m in 23 knots. I have never done that before. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: