Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cloud 3.7m In nor’easter waves Cape Cod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
fleetrico

Since 06 Jan 2021
25 Posts

PostSun Mar 12, 23 6:41 pm    Cloud 3.7m In nor’easter waves Cape Cod Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5NMLotsTU&

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Mar 13, 23 4:50 pm     Reply with quote

Rock on, love it !!

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Mar 14, 23 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

cool vid, so many questions...
i'm sure it's a play of the camera, but that bar looks like 2 strings, but when you look up at the camera, i swear i see 3. what is going on there?

also, how did you rig the camera for that? can you show your setup? it's cool how it moves around. or are you somehow holding on to it?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Mar 14, 23 12:54 pm     Reply with quote

Wicked pissah!

IWantToFly

Since 29 Jul 2019
144 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Mar 14, 23 8:38 pm     Reply with quote

That’s a great video! Well done.

tinyE wrote:
cool vid, so many questions...
i'm sure it's a play of the camera, but that bar looks like 2 strings, but when you look up at the camera, i swear i see 3. what is going on there?

also, how did you rig the camera for that? can you show your setup? it's cool how it moves around. or are you somehow holding on to it?

I’m not 100% sure how it is mounted, but the 360º cameras have a feature where they inherently edit out the mount, usually a selfie stick, so it looks almost like drone footage. I’m willing to bet in this case the small section the camera is editing out just happens to be the power lines to which the camera is mounted.

Here is an example from my Rylo snowboarding. The camera is mounted to a selfie stick in my backpack. The software just edits it out, poof, gone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-s7Xex-JRU

fleetrico

Since 06 Jan 2021
25 Posts

PostThu Mar 16, 23 7:16 pm    Thanks! Reply with quote

Its a home made mount that is thin enough to be removed from vision when the software stitches the front and rear camera image together. Like IWANTTOFLY said its basically doing the same thing the invisable selfie stick is just with strings acting as the stick . The Pan or FOV function is done with software during edit as the camera is seeing 360 degrees all the time .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: