Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Shuttle to Los Barriles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostFri Jan 13, 23 11:40 am    Shuttle to Los Barriles? Reply with quote

Anyone know of a shuttle service from Cabo San Lucas airport to Los Barriles? I'll have a gear bag so probably a van. Doesn't have to be exclusive, I can share a ride with someone.

Going February 11th - 20th.

Thanks

Last edited by kt on Fri Jan 13, 23 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jan 13, 23 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

Lots of them, cheapest is Ecobaja, maybe $18. They have a website but it depends on the time your flight gets in, they don’t run all day. Others do. Cost is more like $80 but that’s total for the trip so if you share you can get the price down. Check out BPE, Baja Pony Express business section.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Jan 13, 23 6:36 pm    Re: Shuttle to Los Barriles? Reply with quote

kt wrote:
Anyone know of a shuttle service from Cabo San Lucas airport to Los Barriles? I'll have a gear bag so probably a van. Doesn't have to be exclusive, I can share a ride with someone.

Going in February.

Thanks

Where are you staying? Just curious... You might want to put a date & time down so that if someone else's dates match they can share with you.

I arrange my shuttle with Vela Baja, just because if things go wrong I have a contact person to deal with. velabaja@gmail.com That said, the service they use has always been perfect for me. $80 plus tip one way. They're waiting for you with a name card when you walk out of customs, usually near the end of all the other drivers. They're also happy to stop so you can get a cerveza. Very Happy Solid, responsible drivers with plenty of room for kite bags. (Do mention your bags when you book.) You don't pay extra to book them through Vela either.

We leave LB on Feb 6, I'll try and leave you a bit of wind!

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostFri Jan 13, 23 10:58 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, much apprecaited.

Nak, I have added my dates. We are staying in the north part of town. I don't actually know the address but, a dot on the map with Airbnb.

I have gone through Vela before but only when I was staying with them. I didn't know I could use them anytime. I'll send them a message.

Thanks very much.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostTue Jan 17, 23 8:25 am     Reply with quote

For Los Barriles service to the airport contact Cibrián Jiménez on Fakebook. He's been around forever and eventually everybody knows someone who will help you.( $50 - $100 price range.)

We been doing LB for years and now have a house but I recommend you join the group "Everything Los Barriles,BCS! Buy/Sell/Rent/Kite/Connect/Share" to get up to speed on anything you may want to know about what the amazing little town has to offer.

Disfrute de su tiempo y recuerde que todo en México va a un ritmo más lento, pero la espera merece la pena. Very Happy

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue Jan 17, 23 11:58 am     Reply with quote

Sella wrote:
I recommend you join the group "Everything Los Barriles,BCS! Buy/Sell/Rent/Kite/Connect/Share" to get up to speed on anything you may want to know about what the amazing little town has to offer.

Hi Sella,
Is this group on Facebook?

kt

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostTue Jan 17, 23 1:26 pm     Reply with quote

kt wrote:
Sella wrote:
I recommend you join the group "Everything Los Barriles,BCS! Buy/Sell/Rent/Kite/Connect/Share" to get up to speed on anything you may want to know about what the amazing little town has to offer.

Hi Sella,
Is this group on Facebook?

kt
]
Si. Thumb's Up

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Jan 17, 23 5:44 pm    Re: Shuttle to Los Barriles? Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
kt wrote:

Going in February.

Thanks

Where are you staying? Just curious... You might want to put a date & time down so that if someone else's dates match they can share with you.

I arrange my shuttle with Vela Baja, just because if things go wrong I have a contact person to deal with. velabaja@gmail.com That said, the service they use has always been perfect for me. $80 plus tip one way. They're waiting for you with a name card when you walk out of customs, usually near the end of all the other drivers. They're also happy to stop so you can get a cerveza. Very Happy Solid, responsible drivers with plenty of room for kite bags. (Do mention your bags when you book.) You don't pay extra to book them through Vela either.

We leave LB on Feb 6, I'll try and leave you a bit of wind!

FYI
Shuttle is $100 one way tip not included. All other info is correct.

www.naishkites.com

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Jan 17, 23 6:19 pm     Reply with quote

[img]

95C45A8B-1769-4929-BF62-3072ED96E49C.jpeg 

www.naishkites.com

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostTue Jan 31, 23 3:59 pm     Reply with quote

you can also look the The Ventana View under transportation. People coming and going that way all the time.

www.freeridekiting.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: