Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

first walk of shame :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostSun Jul 08, 07 9:02 pm    first walk of shame :( Reply with quote

Went to south beach in Newport and the south current was very strong, adding to that a NNW wind, It was near impossible to stay upwind if I wanted to do some "tricks" (Jumping off wave faces is fun Smile) I would imagine there would be less current if I would ride closer to the jetti. Anybody have any advice on this? Where the best place around Newport is? I saw one other kite north of the jetti at Nye Beach. Red C-kite, anybody know who that was?

Speedo

Since 07 May 2007
262 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jul 08, 07 9:08 pm     Reply with quote

first walk of shame???? oh my!

ok, ive had plenty of walk of shames in the past. Not only that, I've had plenty of swims and other kooky things, and believe it or not, I've had my share of lessons.

I'm jealous of you spike!

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Jul 09, 07 7:35 am    Re: first walk of shame :( Reply with quote

[quote="Spike"]It was near impossible to stay upwind if I wanted to do some "tricks" (Jumping off wave faces is fun Smile)

Ride a bigger board and or rig a bigger kite. It is that simple. Shocked "Mocean" is the local down there. I think his real name is Steve.

Off TO the the beach Razz

boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 09, 07 7:57 am    technique and time Reply with quote

Where did you launch from?

jumping will also take you downwind, just pinch and maintain enough speed to get over the white water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: