Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

BAD A$$ Kiter/Winger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostSat Dec 03, 22 3:26 pm    BAD A$$ Kiter/Winger Reply with quote

40 gusting to 60? No worries!

20221203_140250.jpg 

Kay

Since 11 May 2009
210 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostSat Dec 03, 22 10:20 pm     Reply with quote

I’m pretty sure you need a pilots license to go out in those conditions.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Dec 04, 22 7:05 am     Reply with quote

Monica is very definitely bad ass! Not only is her stoke meter through the roof, she just seems to pick up skills with no effort.

moniker

Since 16 May 2021
22 Posts

PostSun Dec 04, 22 8:17 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the props fellas. I got my ass handed to me yesterday!! First time I’ve felt scared being out in the river. I got hung up in huge clumps of milfoil several times on my way out. Getting it off my foil with swell crashing overhead as I was being swept downstream was a challenge. Finally got up and my strength was quickly zapped. I think what added to it was riding a new front wing I’m not fully acquainted with yet. Hands so cold they hurt didn’t help. Lol!

It was a short ride and I felt relieved to be back on shore! Thanks to Mike and Jim for helping me with my gear and making sure I got back in safely!! I’m so grateful to be part of this incredible community! You guys rock!!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Dec 06, 22 8:12 am    In honor of Laura Green Reply with quote

It was 6 yrs ago today that we lost Laura Green. IMO the most badass ever. Glad you got away with it, she didn't. Be scared, it's good, might just keep you alive! Been there many times, well done VTI

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Dec 07, 22 10:14 am    Re: In honor of Laura Green Reply with quote

Inflictor wrote:
It was 6 yrs ago today that we lost Laura Green. IMO the most badass ever. Glad you got away with it, she didn't. Be scared, it's good, might just keep you alive! Been there many times, well done VTI

http://nwkite.com/forums/t-45278.html&highlight=laura+green

Link

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostWed Dec 07, 22 12:06 pm    Tribute Reply with quote

Thanks Sasquatch!

Great tribute - glad to have a chance to see it - RIP Laura

Definitely a strong reminder for those of us year round enthusiasts, she clearly was a pro. I'm with Victor - gonna remember to be a little scared and try not to dance outside the lines especially in winter mode ***

Mc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: