Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Need help with given foil board and foil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Rightcoast

Since 27 Mar 2019
33 Posts
ELI

PostThu Nov 17, 22 9:04 am    Need help with given foil board and foil Reply with quote

I have been given a F-one 51 foil board and a ride engine foil with 3 masts from a friend . He has outgrown its use size wise . Thought was to start with smaller mast and work up . There is no connection for the RE plate for the board. What would be the piece needed for using this ? Any thoughts on sourcing ? Or a cheap board that would work? I'm 178 lbs

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Nov 17, 22 10:08 am     Reply with quote

It's unclear what you're asking. Can't you just ask your friend you got it from? Perhaps the board is Tuttle and the RE setup has a plate?

Rightcoast

Since 27 Mar 2019
33 Posts
ELI

PostThu Nov 17, 22 1:56 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry that I was not clear. The F-ONE board has a slot similar to a tuttle box ,but I don't think it is ,seems a bit different . 3 bolt holes into box from above. Yes the RE is a plate base. I thought there might be a adapter . Friend is lost traveling Asia

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Nov 17, 22 2:34 pm     Reply with quote

Hmm yeah I can't remember if F-One had a proprietary Tuttle like box, someone on here will know.

You could also try reach out to Windance, one of the guys there who's been there a while from when they sold the original F-Ones with this box should be able to answer your question.

The Chinook Powerplate has a few options, one of these may work. I ran a Powerplate for windfoiling for a season or two and it was great, albeit a little heavy.

https://chinooksailing.com/products/powerplate-windsurf-foil-plate-coming-soon?variant=39518494523447

Rightcoast

Since 27 Mar 2019
33 Posts
ELI

PostFri Nov 18, 22 5:29 am     Reply with quote

Kitebot , Thank you .I will reach out to Windance and ck out Chinook pc. .Exactly info I was looking for . I want to begin foiling next spring, have been kiting for years and don't want to buy and outgrow equipment fast. The stuff piles up fast . Thought to use this setup for a start .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: