Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

sails at the event site - Watch out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 06, 07 8:37 am    sails at the event site - Watch out Reply with quote

yesterday, at the eevnt site, I saw at least 3 WS rigs on the move, a coulple of complete setups w/boards flipping. sails will come out of those hold down cables. watched this and the people down wind were clueless that they could have been creamed, luckily we got to it first. Glad we were just gawkin then.

High winds and less experienced sailors are a real hazard, give them room and keep your eyes out.

We also saw a mast come (slam) within a foot of a girls head when she was swimming. Shocked

Just a reminder that, very hard fast moving objects are out there and give them room enough not to take you out.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 06, 07 9:29 am     Reply with quote

Good idea, I thought I really only had to watch out for kiters but last weekend I was just in the water anchoring the ski and bam a mast comes slamming down in the water like 5 inches from my face Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: