Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone taken out in the sandbar spike?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Jun 28, 07 4:24 pm    Anyone taken out in the sandbar spike? Reply with quote

Wow nice 40mph spike Shocked

sandbar spike.jpg 

www.naishkites.com

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostThu Jun 28, 07 4:25 pm     Reply with quote

Just got back from there, all is well. Was nicely powered on a 14m until that happen.

hedquista

Since 13 Apr 2007
72 Posts
Salt lake city

PostThu Jun 28, 07 7:12 pm    40 gusty Reply with quote

It was sweet riding in the butter water getting worked on my back role kite loops. After giving myself two concussions i practiced my raley's. Thanks to the kind soul on an orange naish kite that gave me pointers. (i never did get your name) thanks. i have finally grown the nutz to try bigger tricks and it jsut proves i am still suck. i did see some sweet handle passes and more huge raleys form the others.
Great show

but i got smart and decided to take a break. glad i did becasue that was when the spike in wind hit i thought youd be crazy to kite in this then i saw one kiter bare foot skiing in the butter water i will have to say i was quite entertained. that was sick dude. then packed up and left. i will return tommorrow to lay down some more carnage.

Keats

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Jun 29, 07 6:24 am     Reply with quote

Got a little spicy for sure! The carnage seemed minimal though

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostFri Jun 29, 07 7:40 am    Re: 40 gusty Reply with quote

I was on the orange naish kite and Man was the one doing handle passes.

Dude, you were throwing down like there were no consequences. I can't believe you were okay after some of those double backloop kiteloops. Pretty inspiring to see someone out there just going for it!

-Forrest

hedquista wrote:
It was sweet riding in the butter water getting worked on my back role kite loops. After giving myself two concussions i practiced my raley's. Thanks to the kind soul on an orange naish kite that gave me pointers. (i never did get your name) thanks. i have finally grown the nutz to try bigger tricks and it jsut proves i am still suck. i did see some sweet handle passes and more huge raleys form the others.
Great show

but i got smart and decided to take a break. glad i did becasue that was when the spike in wind hit i thought youd be crazy to kite in this then i saw one kiter bare foot skiing in the butter water i will have to say i was quite entertained. that was sick dude. then packed up and left. i will return tommorrow to lay down some more carnage.

Keats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: