Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bridge Of The Gods Kiteboarding Festival This Fri-Sat
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostThu Jun 28, 07 3:22 pm    Bridge Of The Gods Kiteboarding Festival This Fri-Sat Reply with quote

Am I out of the loop?
I havent seen a thing on this form about this years event. I was just checking out the Seattle site and look what I found.

http://www.dabridge.us/

DO YOUR WIND DANCE!!!

This years event will begin on Friday, July 20. There will be a Freeride Session going down where riders will judge each other for the top overall rider. This is not a mandatory event day, however there will be lots of photographers, media and videographers present, so we strongly suggest you try to make it out.

The Main Freestyle event will be on Saturday, July 21 with a first possible start time of 10:00 am. Athlete sign in will be between 8:00-9:00 am. The cost of Registration is $50.00 for mens and women, or $25 for junior and masters. It is payable by check or cash at check in. There will be a mandatory riders meeting at 9:30 am. All pre registered athletes are required to check in Saturday morning. If you do not show up your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list. During the event athletes will receive a complimentory BBQ lunch, compliments of the Organizers.

Saturday Evening following the event there will be a post event dinner in Stevenson and a Party to follow at the at the Walking Man Brewery. Come prepared to stay the night and enjoy the party. Remember, camping is available for all (includes bathrooms & showers) for $10. Friday and Saturday night at the Skamania County Fair Grounds in Stevenson.

Sunday is a potential roll over day in the event the wind shuts off on Saturday. Otherwise there will be a downwinder to Home Valley with a shuttle service (6 miles) open to all. There will be skate ramps on site, so bring your board to ride while waiting for the wind!

Thank You, and see you there!

Renee Hanks

The 7th annual Slingshot Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival is made possible by the generous support of Slingshot Kiteboarding, Walking Man Brewing, DaKine, Guayaki Yerba Mate, City of Stevenson and the Port of Skamania County.

p.s. If you have any additional comments or questions please contact Renee Hanks at info@dabridge.us

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Jun 28, 07 3:38 pm     Reply with quote

Do you think crashing and body dragging back to my board is considered freestyle? If so I am in going to take 1st place.

Should be a fun event

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostThu Jun 28, 07 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

If you crash with style and make a lot of noise when you do it (i.e. Drama) you just might win this years event. You just never know?

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostThu Jun 28, 07 4:43 pm     Reply with quote

Hey I signed up and floundered around first heat underpowered then second heat overpowered. I got the schwag though. Rene ran a tight ship last year. It was fun!

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-2184.html&highlight=gods

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Jun 28, 07 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

Was waiting for an official announcement from Renee so I could sticky it, Renee are you out there? If that doesn't work I could just sticky this thread.

Last year was awesome! Even if you know you don't have a chance (like me) its still fun to participate, nothing like when that horn goes off and people start going nuts!

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 28, 07 5:22 pm     Reply with quote

awesome. now it's guaranteed that the coast will be blasting that weekend, leaving the gorge in the doldrums.

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Jun 28, 07 10:17 pm     Reply with quote

Gabe,

What gives with the bad karma thoughts? Not everyone is a strapless ripping coaster. The Bridge is about sharing the stoke for the sport and going out and having a great time. Why don't you enter and try something outside of your comfort zone? In fact, I hope Seattle shows up in force. There are four to five guys who would most likely do pretty darn well, especially if they keep last years format. Sibborn, Teague, Jason, Paul, and others...

Hey Hoodie/Portlanders, have a great competition this year. I won't be able to make it, but will be there in spirit.

Jon

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 28, 07 10:37 pm     Reply with quote

jon, just joking about the vagaries and frustrations of the wind. i remember that's pretty much what happened that weekend last year, although i think it worked out on the final day. at the rate this summer is going, i will be happy if the NW wind begins by then. hopefully it will blow in all regions that weekend.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jun 29, 07 5:23 am     Reply with quote

I think last year we had wind Friday (photo sesh), super light Saturday, then wind again Sunday. The kiteloop comp went off! It was super fun...

This year I think the timing is better for wind, generally you can't go wrong in July in the Gorge. (Hope I don't jinx it by saying that. ) Very Happy

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Jun 29, 07 10:13 am     Reply with quote

Gabe...

Cool, definitely can related to wind frustration. Still, come on down this year and remember what straps and a twin tip feel like. Super fun event.

Jon

amery

Since 05 Aug 2005
60 Posts

Choad

PostSat Jun 30, 07 12:13 am     Reply with quote

Poster
 Poster  POSTER-2007.jpg 

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jun 30, 07 10:17 am     Reply with quote

Whos putting out a slider for this thing this year?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostSat Jun 30, 07 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

I heard the Joby was going to bring it down and throw some sick shit for the show! Wink

I would love to see wake style with sliders enter in to the event, if not formally for this year, maybe as a new event to be included in the very near future (i.e. next year).

I have a pickup and can help transfer part of the Slider if you need my help?

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jul 01, 07 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

can those unworthy amongst us do the downwinder?
my daughter wants to know if there will be jetski/boat backup? Embarassed

jimmi

thealohakid

Since 09 Aug 2006
58 Posts
MAUI

PostSat Jul 07, 07 9:34 am    bam Reply with quote

Are you back in the gorge?

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostSun Jul 08, 07 6:33 pm    Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival Reply with quote

It's true. The posters are out, the websight is up and the 7th annual Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival is on. July 20-22 (moved earlier in the hopes of better wind).

Renee has been super busy and in & out of town but we've been working on the festival and it looks to be another great time.

I've posted a forum on the websight (www.dabridge.us) looking for your opinions as to the format.

We changed up the format last year and we want your opinions as to if you liked it better than the typical brackets or if we should go back to the brackets.

We were thinking about making the masters division based on Old Skool moves - most rotations, board off, dead men, big air.
Young Guns - bracketed
Men's - undecided on bracketed or last years format
Women's - undecided again.

Please let us know what you think but realize we're going to have to pick one way or the other.

Look forward to another great festival.

Gary Reed

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostSun Jul 08, 07 7:20 pm     Reply with quote

Someone might want to adjust the settings on the 'message board' Lots o spam Shocked Mad Shocked Mad Shocked Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: