Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: RV camping at Bachelor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Dec 14, 21 2:23 pm    OT: RV camping at Bachelor Reply with quote

I'm thinking of heading up the first week of January after the new year. I'm wondering how likely the spots will fill up for mid-week or if I'm safe to wait till I can make sure the weather is going to be decent.

I can book now on-line but it's a $10 cancellation fee per night and I'm cheap!

Very Happy

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Dec 15, 21 11:32 am     Reply with quote

Definitely a crap shoot as the RV camping gets more popular every year. Worst case - you wait and it's full. If you're self contained - you can spend the night at the snowpark a few miles back towards town. I do that and get up early and have breakfast in the lodge. It's ok to stay the night in the snowparks. Bathrooms available but those seats get cold Wink

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Dec 16, 21 6:44 am     Reply with quote

Thanks ldhr, sound advice.

Ah nothing like a frozen porto in the morning! I miss the heated Providence bathroom we had at Meadows before they moved us to Sunrise.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Dec 16, 21 11:59 am     Reply with quote

All you need for a heated toilet is a luggable loo toilet seat. Plenty of privacy in the trailer. Add a University of Washington Husky 5 gallon bucket which makes the perfect septic tank/holding receptacle.

luggable loo.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: