Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fuselage stuck on front wing! NP Glide HP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Nov 01, 21 9:41 am    Fuselage stuck on front wing! NP Glide HP Reply with quote

I got a new Glide HP 15 wing for my Glide Surf setup and it rides great.

I bolted it on to test it out and had a really hard time getting it off the fuselage:
https://youtu.be/-1Jw35Hbkfc

when I finally did get it off you can see where it was stuck on the fuse in the pic.

After taking it out for the first ride I can not get the damn fuselage off the wing at all now. It's super stuck on.

Anyone have any tips on getting this thing off?

wing.jpg 

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 01, 21 9:45 am     Reply with quote

Contact Big Winds for help or whatever shop you bought it from.
The answer is to whack it with a rubber mallet or padded 2x4 but I'm guessing yours is slightly defective if it fits that tight.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostMon Nov 01, 21 11:43 am     Reply with quote

Tap it with a deadblow hammer. Sand the tight spots.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Nov 01, 21 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

It looks like the paint wasn't fully cured and is now bonded to the fuse maybe. Is it like the video where the fuse actually moves? Or is there no fuse movement relative to the wing? If it moves that means it's just tight. I'd check with Glide and see what lubricants are OK to use. Some paint and carbon is attacked by some lubricants. Get Glide's assurance that if the paint is damaged by whatever they suggest that they'll replace the wing. The lube it up and let it sit for a bit. Barring that, get Glide's assurance for a warranty replacement if the wing is damaged by whatever force is required to remove the wing. The big thing is that assurance before you start taking drastic measures. Get them on board with whatever you're going to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: