Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

WTF*: Rail tape recommendations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 11, 21 12:51 pm    WTF*: Rail tape recommendations? Reply with quote

*Wing The Foil...

I picked up a sweet SIC Marlin to eventually learn wing and SUP foiling on but in the short term use for windsurf foiling (OT from kiting, sorry, but that's evolution for ya). I'm using a 'deviator' for now but recently saw an ad here for a Naish foil sold by rePete with reference to (and pics of) clear rail tape.

I found some resources with an Internet search, but wouldn't mind hearing from people here who have used it, including shopping references.

Thanks da much!
-Pete

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 11, 21 4:02 pm     Reply with quote

I like the rail tape I'm finding on Amazon. One note is that I find it's difficult to stretch and form it around the rail in the nose or curves as anything over about 1 1/4" wants to pucker.
https://www.amazon.com/ISC-Racers-Tape-HT2314-Helicopter-OG-HD/dp/B000QC6H90/ref=sr_1_4?crid=5CE2XBPD48VG&dchild=1&keywords=helicopter+tape+clear&qid=1633996922&sprefix=helicopter+tap%2Caps%2C282&sr=8-4

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 11, 21 6:11 pm     Reply with quote

Is that how you got so fast?? Cool

Thanks for the pointer. Is it truly clear, or yellowish? (Hard to tell from the AMZN pics - rePete's looked akin to packing tape clearness).

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Oct 11, 21 6:15 pm     Reply with quote

the stuff kip talks about is good. I use it on my kite foil boards and it totally protects the rail.
for the wing boards, I want bomber rail protection.
my recommendation would be to go to NSI in hood river and get a kit of the SUP rail saver edge protection. its made by RSPro.
Give amazon the day off and get it at NSI.

https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=555&idcategory=226

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: