Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Baja newbie - driving advice?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 14, 21 4:16 pm    Re: Phone Reply with quote

watercamper wrote:
And hopefully you've figured out your cell phone logistics. I can say that having my phone operate seamlessly when I cross the border is preferable to the other methods I've used before.

I've had better cell coverage in Mexico over the Telcel network than I have with T-Mobile in Tacoma. Ain't say'n much

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostFri Oct 15, 21 8:43 am    Yup! what KW said Reply with quote

We're going to need more visitors to fill all the new construction and rentals that were built over the summer. It's almost bizarre how many new houses and rental units there are.

So much new construction that every time CFE comes to supply power to a new domicile, it shuts down transformers for the area. It's been crazy, exciting, weird, and humbling.

knotwindy wrote:
It’s dangerous, complicated and confusing. There are drug problems. And police problems. And food problems. And water problems. And electrical problems. And diseases. And it’s not worth it, the kiting/winging isn’t very good anyway.
Don’t even bother, just say no to going.

However, if you do go anyway, see you there

www.freeridekiting.com

unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostWed Oct 26, 22 8:49 pm     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
Buying gas in Mexico can be a troubling experience. Once in Los Mochis 8 years ago I purchased 500 pesos of regular, and just as I handed the 500 to the attendant a group of 3 young 8 year olds leaped up onto my hood to wash my windshield. Then a second or two later the gas guy says "Amigo, nesescitio mas dinero!", claiming I'd given him a 50. I knew absolutely that I'd given him a 500 since it was my last bill in my wallet. So this time it worked by just screaming at the guy.
Just thinking ... with sky-high fuel prices now, I'm handing over 2,000 + pesos (for diesel) to the attendant - so what happened to you years ago seems more likely now given the much larger amounts of $$$ being handed over. Gotta be super vigilant these days!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: