Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Frenchmans Bar, Vancouver 06-26-07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Jun 27, 07 9:09 am    Frenchmans Bar, Vancouver 06-26-07 Reply with quote

Curious to see if anyone has actually kited at this place...
Looks like a pretty cool place. Long sandy beach and a nice grassy area.
Clean restrooms with warm water fuacet outside to wash the sand off your feet. Not bad...
NW Wind was ok yesterday...We got there a little late, Chanson, Blake and myself. Very little boat/barge traffic...I was on a 13fuel/glide---Chanson on a 12waroo and blake on a 15link....All in all, it was very ridable and all 3 of us were having a great time...
I think this place isn't really all that bad...Considering it took us a mizzly 15-20 minute drive, 2 bucks for parking and a 6-pack of coors....
Sure...hell yeah...I'll go there again....I don't discriminate against locations to kite....Even if I'm the only one there...
Things that I would probably consider....
Maybe avoid winds that shift around-coming from the NE...Some big trees along the bank (still kinda far from beach) that might give you problems...
Maybe avoid kiting too far-close to the other side of the river...There are trees and it would seem kinda hairy if the wind shifts too far to the West....
Besides the few barges that cruise by, this place really isn't that bad...

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jun 27, 07 9:16 am     Reply with quote

That was cool...and right across the bridge from my house....and even a little swell in the middle.

How about a repeat tonight...?

It's still W-NW I think.. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: