Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Straps for Large Feet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dobermankby

Since 07 Jul 2021
23 Posts

PostTue Oct 05, 21 7:51 pm    Straps for Large Feet Reply with quote

I'm having trouble finding straps that are large enough for my size-13 feet with 5 mm booties. I just bought Duotone Entity Ergo XL, but it is not nearly large enough when I have the booties on, even after playing with all the adjustments.
Another suggestion I heard is Naish Apex XL. Is that supposed to be larger? Any other options? Thanks

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Oct 06, 21 9:03 am     Reply with quote

Have you tried the NSI ones? I suspect you'll still have the same issue. . .

Sounds to me like you're going to have to have a special set when you use your 5mm booties.

Sounds like an expensive custom order and or maybe try and MacGyver something other than duct tape.

Perhaps use the same material the strap uses. You might have to buy a second set of straps to cannibalize from and utilize the ends (the part that has holes for the nuts that attach to the board). Maybe have the Dangler (That is his name here on this forum; he fixes kites and whatnot, and has all the gear to do so) sew some extensions on to the ends of your 1st set of straps. After the straps have been sewn together, find some type of nuts and bolts (stainless). Airtime might also be able to help you.

Drill 3 holes equally spaced (put a brass (or stainless, if made?) eyelet in each hole, put the bolt head on the interior, thread it and tighten the nut down with permanent locktite (the red colored stuff and or whatever is waterproof) in the threads. If an issue, you may have the Dangler sew a thin protective piece of neoprene; the width of the straps and long enough to cover the bolts and with tails on both ends so they can be sewn on.

Exhaust all options with shopping ready made product before you try this idea,
is my 3 cents.

Just an idea "off the cuff". . . it might work or be a bad one.

I hope this made sense?!

Good luck!

250px-MacGyver_season_7_DVD.png 

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostSat Oct 09, 21 10:31 pm     Reply with quote

what is the screw spacing on your board, what type of board? are you looking just for straps or pads too? I have straps made for our Brokite boards, they are adjustable to larger sizes

dobermankby

Since 07 Jul 2021
23 Posts

PostSun Oct 10, 21 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, especially Sasquatch for the details. After posting this, I discovered that there was a longer connector for toe side strap, using that + moving the straps forward towards toe-side made it work. So I'm happy with the Duotone Entity for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: