Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster Rock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
h2ojump

Since 24 Oct 2013
10 Posts
Portland, OR

PostThu Sep 16, 21 9:48 am    Rooster Rock Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the beach at RR is usable for launch? Easterlies are upon us🙌🏼

jasonq

Since 12 Jan 2009
242 Posts
hood river
Stoked

PostThu Sep 16, 21 9:59 am     Reply with quote

looks like lots of sand

http://pdxgreen.com/roostercam.php

CM

Since 06 Oct 2015
60 Posts

PostThu Sep 16, 21 11:37 am    foil harness preference Reply with quote

I'm a gonnabe/wannabe foiler. I kite with a seat harness and fixed hook. Is a slider bar preferable for foiling? Is there a waist harness that does not ride up? Does one type of harness have an advantage or is it personal preference? Thanx

craz z

Since 01 Dec 2008
130 Posts
Montana
Stoked

PostThu Sep 16, 21 11:50 am    Re: foil harness preference Reply with quote

CM wrote:
I'm a gonnabe/wannabe foiler. I kite with a seat harness and fixed hook. Is a slider bar preferable for foiling? Is there a waist harness that does not ride up? Does one type of harness have an advantage or is it personal preference? Thanx

Definitely go with a rope slider. It really really aides in the toeside riding making it much more comfortable. once you start jumping your foil it gets a little weird but you get used to it. Tried a hook slider and they stick. All my bars have rope slider chicken loops with donkey removed. makes it easy in the cold winter too.

https://www.mackiteboarding.com/2021-ion-echo-seat-harness/

Harnesses are going to be what you like. I've been on the echo previously north styler since 2005 wouldn't go with anything else. I use it year round with the rope slider on snow and water. Love it and the price. never could stand a waist a harness and have bought several collecting dust.

Only con is the leg buckles have broke on me every few years from excessive boosting. I just bought another one and my broken one i put a huge ziptie on it and has held the whole season.

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 16, 21 5:48 pm    Harness Reply with quote

A good waist harness IMO is better than a seat harness. The trick is finding a good one. A proper one doesn’t ride up but they do wear out after a couple of years and start “riding up”.

I dig the slider rope for foiling as well. I must admit, I’ve never foiled with a seat harness only waist.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 16, 21 9:30 pm     Reply with quote

This was a rooster rock post. Take your hyjack to another post. Cock rock does not care about your quote slider rope!!

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostFri Sep 17, 21 6:55 am     Reply with quote

I was kiting there yesterday and water level was down to the channel marker. Tons of beach space with steady mid-upper 20's all day - a few dongs flapping in the wind up at the island.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Sep 17, 21 9:47 am     Reply with quote

Marcus O wrote:
I was kiting there yesterday and water level was down to the channel marker. Tons of beach space with steady mid-upper 20's all day - a few dongs flapping in the wind up at the island.

The Viet-Schlong have established a permanent strong hold of the area. The only thing that might be missing is their big balled general, Captain America. I think he must of got skin cancer and passed. Not sure if Sargent Sunnybuns is still patrolling the area?

A few white caps on the water viewing the cam just now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: